A trading Idea

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Brandonf, May 6, 2005.

1. Who cares if he has a chat room, who cares if he makes money, that is what we do here in the states. Business is what makes this country work, nothing else! There really is a prevailing "crabs in a bucket" mentality here on ET.

#11     May 6, 2005
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Its only a few people really. After having started out as a fan ddog has been chasing me around for a few years now. Its like the crazy stalker ex girlfriend thing. Im almost flattered :) Besides I took one of those free personality profile things and it said one of my weakness is that I need to be the center of attention and I don't always care how I get. Im just an attention whore. Must come from growing up in a big family.

Brandon

#12     May 6, 2005
  3. I think attention has to be the #1 motive for anybody to post here. Of course there are some who only post out of generosity for the good of mankind and we all know who they are.

#13     May 6, 2005
  4. You're welcome.

#14     May 6, 2005
  5. ddog

ddog

Actually, you have a good point and I will no longer post anything critical of you (although to describe me as a "stalker" is kind of pushing it dont you think?).

The reason I am bitter toward you is that you start threads such as this one showing a profitable setup which draws people to your chatroom. Once in the chatroom you take all the calls and what happens? They are net losers. This is what happened to me and is why I make comments towards you in this matter. In all my years of trading the worst losing stretch I ever had was when I took all your ES and NQ trades.

Really though I should thank you. Since I left your chatroom I decided to rely only on my own experience to trade. I now trade the NQ exclusively and have only one end of day setup that I use (another lesson that I learned from your chatroom is that daytrading is pretty much a suckers game). I am now at the most consistently profitable stage of my trading career ever. I am not talking about one or two weeks of winning but every month now for the past year.

Hopefully this will clarify my reasoning for posting negative comments towards you in the past.

Good luck with your everything:)

#15     May 6, 2005
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Im quiet sorry that things did not work out for you in our chatroom. I do hope that everyone who comes in gets a positive experiance from it, but I know that is not possible. Some will win, some will lose.

As for the plays I give here on ET, all are given before the fact. If they fail, and some do, it is there for everyone to see. I have never removed a thread.

I am happy to hear that things are going well for you and wish you continued good fortune.

Brandon

#16     May 6, 2005
  7. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Brandon,

For the plays you give here, why not post some info on why you even propose the play. Is it technical? fundamental? news? Providing info an education to your fellow ETers would benefit all.

Even after the fact if time is short. So, why did you see MNST as a good trade?

Cash

#17     May 6, 2005
  8. Another genius from Bright, did you read the beginning of the post and look at the graph posted?

#18     May 6, 2005
  9. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Yes, but unless I'm missing more explanation in a thread elsewhere, there isn't too much info there. For example, what's the "thrust"? Is the "base" the top of a volatility envelope? What are the parameters for those lines? What kind of target are you looking for? Was it intended to be a scalp? Things like that.

So, 5yrtrader, If I missed something, please post a link. Otherwise, you obviously have a better understanding of it based on the chart, so why don't YOU enlighten me (and anyone else that might be wondering).

#19     May 6, 2005
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

You know in real life there is always the threat and danger, no matter how small, that someone will haul off and smack you for being a jackass. It's too bad it does not transend to the internet, I think it might make places like this a lot more of a pleasant way to spend time.

To Cash asking what the setup is, I think that is a perfectly legit question and I will answer after I finish my lunch.

Brandon

#20     May 6, 2005