A trading edge is the easiest thing?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by livermoreorless, Jun 21, 2009.

1. To continue with this Swimming anology…
    1) Micro Edge #1
    Warnaco FastSkin Speedo swim suit
    2) Micro Edge #2
    Taper workouts into the event
    3) Micro Edge #3
    Don’t breath out of the turn
    4) Micro Edge #4
    Stretch into the finish… do not take an extra stroke (this actually won Phelps a medal in 2008)
    5) Micro Edge #5
    High carb diet
    6) Micro Edge #6
    Etc, etc etc…
    All this Micro Edge crap applies to trading. Over the last 5 years I’ve accumulated at least 20 of them. Maybe 15 I completely created on my own. Maybe 3-5 were inspired by searching on the internet. Focus on creating and cultivating your own Micro Edges.

#71     Jun 26, 2009
  2. capital does not matter, brokage firms does not matter, supercomputer does not matter (in no computer era, still someone made millions of money), live chart does not matter, real quto does not matter....

you see, you admit: anyone can swim. of course, everyone is uniqe, you do not have Michael Phelps's physical bodies or many other swimming traits. but one fact, you can swim, he can swim.

you do not need be a champion swimmer then you call youself a swimmer.

we are not talking about swimming better question. we are talking about the fact all human beings are able to swim if he/she wants to learn

#72     Jun 26, 2009
  3. one fact, you do not need any skill, still you can make money.
    did you hear some one win a lottery? do they need particular skills to pick the right one and win millions or billions of dollars?

in trading, the same applies. you do not need know anything, just hit the button, you may win lots of money instantly. do you need learn how to hit the sell button or buy button or any skills to hit button?

even a three years toddler can do that

#73     Jun 26, 2009
  4. why you think they have an edge? they do not. the lottery winners get his millions billions lump sum just by sheer luck

as a matter of fact, you do not need any edge, you still can beat the guys who called themsevles have an edge. it is unfair, yes.
    that is the reality.

#74     Jun 26, 2009
  5. patoo

patoo

How I got my "edge"
    I spent lots of time and money making up my own trading style.
    Its mine and you don't want it anyway.

I bought Tradestation in 1994 for $2000 (I think).In 2000 I lost 40K trading. In 2001-2003, I lost another 30K trading. Not to mention paying trading fees, brokerage fees, Tradestation, 300/month in pre-internet data feeds.

Back when I gave LBR $3700 and before that I gave Joe Ross $2000 to get their edge. Fact is they couldn't teach me their edge.
    And it was right in front of me the whole time. I just couldn't see it.

My trading style is my own. It works for me....finally

Nexen's list works for him. B1S2 has his, etc. I can usually tell by their posts when the poster is on the level and when they are not. I am in there working the same market as them and I know what they are saying is right or wrong.

Point is be a little more humble. What works for one may not work for you, but its a valid "edge" none the less. Shaddup and listen. You may learn something new!

#75     Jun 27, 2009