A trading edge is the easiest thing?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by livermoreorless, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Pita

Pita

since this post was critisized I do fully agree and second every point mentioned as true and valuable. Buy low and sell high however is not on my list unless I consider an investment.

#31     Jun 22, 2009
  2. Nexen

Nexen

Let them criticize it, I don't mind, I know I can trade, this is what I use, but this board is very negative.

#32     Jun 22, 2009
  3. indexer

indexer

That was a good post Nexen.

#33     Jun 22, 2009
  4. I agree with the OP in that finding an edge is not the hardest part. be it a great edge or barely and edge at all.

Where 90% screw up is that all trading methodologies go through periods of drawdowns that is part of trading. The lack of discipline and fear cause the trader to change his methodology completely and he will always get caught in a drawdown period and again quit and change his methodology again.

Consecutive losers are a part of this game.

#34     Jun 22, 2009
  5. A trading edge is the easiest thing --- to disappear? Yes! :D

#35     Jun 22, 2009
  6. You have GOT to be joking!!!!!!!!!!

You mean if someone posts unsubstantiated blotters, they have arrived? I knew your thought process was simple, but give me a break!!!

This was even more clueless than your "all you need to do" post.

So, do all the people you read about in WSJ put blotters into ET?? This is too much.

:D :D

#36     Jun 22, 2009
  7. Nexen

Nexen

Ok I give up, you are too negative.

Maybe you need a woman.

#37     Jun 22, 2009
  8. I have a woman.

Negativity has nothing to do with it. Your first post was very uninformed. At least one other quite agreed. But you need to do a whole lot of looking before trading.

#38     Jun 22, 2009
  9. Nexen

Nexen

There are many ways to trade profitable, just because we don't agree does not mean I can't get it done.

Or is it your way or the highway ?

#39     Jun 22, 2009
  10. I have re-read and re-read again the original post on the very first page. It seems that the key of discussion is (or should be) around the "Edge".

And from this post:

I agree with #1 trade what you see not what you think.
    #5 I personally use many indicators, but I respect those who trade naked charts.

As for #2, #3, #4... #3 and #4 seems obvious and you read them in just about every trading book:

"Cut your losses short, let the profits run", "trade with the trend".

And #2 is the rule of the game: buy low and sell high. It is the physics. You can't make money otherwise.

It's like telling all tennis player trainees: all you need is to hit the ball and get it over the net, within bounds. That's it!

So where is the discussion on the "Edge"?

Are we just stating the obvious?

I agree with TraderZones on the oversimplication. The 5 points are "all you need". Like playing tennis: "all you need" is to hit the ball and get it over the net, within bounds.

#40     Jun 22, 2009