A thought on the people that came up with global warming & evolution

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Oct 13, 2010.

1. I recall reading that story in Discover a couple years back. I followed your wikipedia link and subsequently looked at one of the articles cited there:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/dinosaur.html

It is quite interesting and I suggest people read it.

You'll actually see that she is quoted as being "a complete and total Christian" including a quote from Jeremiah on her wall, but also that "she’s horrified that some Christians [ie, young-earth creationists] accuse her of hiding the true meaning of her data".

So the person that actually discovered and published on this soft tissue clearly doesn't believe that it is less than 10k years old.

#21     Oct 14, 2010
  2. Eight

Eight

they always jump straight to the "religious people are stupid" square...

I'm religious, I'm a member of Mensa, I'm smart enough to find out what the underpinnings of a belief system are... and the current one being instilled in the hearts and minds of children everywhere is absolute bullshit...

They also always jump straight to the "religion versus science" square... it's bad science [bad assumptions, bad reasoning] versus good science [good assumptions, good reasoning]

In the Bible, God proves He's God by giving people prophecies of the far future... in the Universities they prove that they can't prove there is a god!! Brilliance like that is just stupid, no?

#22     Oct 14, 2010
  3. I am so embarassed for you. You are advocating anti-knowledge because it leads to corruption. You need your head examined. People like you are the reason bible thumpers are constantly ridiculed.

#23     Oct 14, 2010
  4. Eight

Eight

In the schools they use the Geologic Column and the Strata to build their evolution world view. They say they calibrate the Column by the Strata, and elsewhere they say they calibrate the Strata by the Geologic Column... that's circular reasoning that merits an "F" in Philosophy 101 [where they prove that they can't prove there is a god] but bags an "A" in Evolution class.... and for an encore they throw out all readings of instruments that don't fit their world view!! People did studies and 70-80% of all readings of the age of objects are thrown out...

#24     Oct 14, 2010
  5. Yikes.

Does that also mean Nostrodamus is god?

#25     Oct 14, 2010
  6. jem

jem

this is a fun topic.

Think about pay per view revenue for dragon riding.
    It could crush MMA for a few shows.

I have to say, that I suspect the ice cores do show the earth is pretty damn old.

But I am intrigued by the dinosaur art.

#26     Oct 14, 2010
  7. This is some sort of mockery of Ecclesiastes 1:18, innit? Sadly, not quite the same elegance of expression or lyrical beauty to be found here...

Can I try to apply your logical method please?

Knowledge = Power

Power leads to corruption

God is All-Powerful (and All-knowing)

Therefore God must also be Corrupt.

#27     Oct 14, 2010
  8. 10,000 years? False. Here's some meat found in an old fish:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/The-Oldest-Meat-46934.shtml

#28     Oct 14, 2010

9. you are on the edge of your seat but you cant muster up the courage to type a few words in google?
    well maybe its just me but if i saw something that made me curious about what the explaination could be i would be researching it. that is what intellectual curiousity is about.
    it took all of 10 seconds to find this:
    http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/paluxy.html

#29     Oct 14, 2010
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Get over yourself, I already made it clear I don't care what the truth is, as long as it IS the truth.

Looks like you weren't too busy after all.
    That certainly seems to discredit at least one of peil's points.

#30     Oct 14, 2010