A thought on the people that came up with global warming & evolution

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Atheists usually come up with some zippy one-liners that are simplistic, so I thought I would give you one since atheists are always telling us Christians to "go read a book" or "go get an education" So here goes...

Knowledge = power

Power leads to corruption.

Therefore knowledge leads to corruption.

The more knowledgeable these scientists are, the more corrupt they are. How can you believe them then?

2. morganist

morganist Guest

A lot of the science is biased because they are looking for a way to disprove God.

3. Wallet

Wallet

A lot of science is biased because they are looking for a way to keep their grant money.

4. So everyone should just remain stupid so they can be religious? That way they will be uncorrupted?

5. I don't think I'd put global warming and evolution in the same camp. Even with a couple of holes in it, evolution is pretty much a given, whereas global warming is pure wild eyed speculation.
    Science is another example of where the radical left has hi-jacked something and called it their own. There aren't many radical leftists, but they're loud, well funded, and have placed some people in key political & media positions to maintain the flow of bullshit.

6. therefore people like piel are afraid of knowledge.

"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence." -Bertrand Russell

7. why would a scientist spend time trying ways to disprove something they know does not exist?any scientist knows you cant prove a negitive.
    on the other hand why dont christian scientists(there are a few) present evidence for a god? the person who could provide scientific evidence fo any god would be world famous.

the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this."
    Albert Einstein

8. Hello

Hello

[​IMG]

9. Evidence for God is everywhere. When you see a painting, you know there is a painter. When you see a building, you know there is a builder. When you look at creation, you know there is a creator.

10. this is where your fear of knowledge shows up. you do know the opposite of knowledge is ignorance?
    in all if scientific history there has never been a god did it question that did not turn out to have a natural explaination.

Robert G. Ingersoll The inspiration of the bible depends on the ignorance of the person who reads it

#10     Oct 14, 2010