A thing called class.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IShopAtPublix, Apr 2, 2009.

1. I never said Obama was not following the constitution.

I stated that the more power government has the higher the chance of tyrannical rule because of countless historic examples.

Let me know how that ignoring history thing goes.

#41     Apr 3, 2009
  2. Feel free to provide the "countless historical examples".

Better yet, feel free to cite specific examples in regards to President Obama.

For some reason, you continue to shy away from citing specific examples.

Instead, you just call upon vague generalizations.

Why are you unable to be specific?

#42     Apr 3, 2009
  3. I think the Ipod with sacred Royal family photos was a great gift to give to the queen. I think a hug between Michelle and the queen was kinda nice. I think that seeing a well dressed and spoken man humbly greeting other World leaders in a gracious yet masterful way was extremely cool. Kind of refreshing.

But that's just me I guess.

c

#43     Apr 3, 2009
  4. Actually, he doesn't have to provide more than generalizations if he's discussing the possibility of abuse of power. There can be no doubt that the U.S. gov't is increasing in size (that's what Democrats do) and therefore power. If/as the crisis deepens gov't power will inevitably increase as gov't is called upon to perform more and more essential functions. There is a very real danger that things could get so bad that Obama could be assigned powers that would make him a de facto dictator.

I just don't see Obama as a dictator type, though. His body language is all wrong for the role.

However, personalities can evolve and extraordinary situations can sometimes bring to the surface aspects of the self that were previously hidden.

Let's say there are a few assassination attempts on Obama; he might experience a radical change in attitude that could cause him to exploit the expanding relationship between gov't and our daily lives.

Whatever government can do it might do.. and very often does.

#44     Apr 3, 2009
  5. No doubt the risk is great.. but unavoidable. The excesses of unrestrained capitalism have brought about a situation that could cast the entire world into a maelstrom of chaos. Attending to this potential for catastrophe requires immediate and radical action. As you say, I don't know the real Obama, but I watched him throughout his long campaign and never saw evidence that he was anything but sincere.

No matter what we do we're taking an enormous chance but we must do something.

#45     Apr 3, 2009
  6. Stalin, Hitler, Castro, Kim Jong, Than shwe, Hu Jintao.

Were you born yesterday?

#46     Apr 4, 2009
  7. Welcome to the future of America under Obama.

#47     Apr 4, 2009