A thing called class.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IShopAtPublix, Apr 2, 2009.

1. True, so true. Thus we guarantee our survival as free persons.

The times are exceptional however, and we are in the gravest danger; we are fortunate that the leader who has come forth isn't the standard sociopathic power nut that times of great crisis so often call forth. Think Hitler, Stalin.

On the other hand - think Churchill. Britain rallied 'round this brilliant man of destiny and the British prevailed. Immediately after the crisis had passed the public voted him out. Obama is unlikely to ever attain the power (or ever to want the power) necessary to deprive the people of their ability to remove him from office.

Give him a chance. He just might do great things.

#21     Apr 3, 2009
  2. And where were you during the Bush years?

#22     Apr 3, 2009
  3. Mercor

Mercor

Obama a regular guy? You never met him. You only know him through his staged presentations. To conclude he is a regular guy is just your hope and wish he is and then believing it yourself.

What is intellect? I don't see evidence that he is any smarter then other presidents or men of power. His education is no more then Bush's, He still won't tell anyone his grades.

This is a bias of self-fulfilling hopes.
    All the democrats were smart, B. Clinton, Obama, Carter, but all the republicans were dumb, Reagan, Bush, Palin.

This is a media bias that fits into the brainwashed minds of the democrats who as a group are under-educated and much poorer then the republicans.

#23     Apr 3, 2009
  4. First of all neither you or I truly know how power hungry Obama is. I don't think he is a living breathing Stalin but that isn't the point. The point is that Obama is largely increasing the power of government.

A budget is the blueprint of an administrations vision. Obama's budget is a complete power grab. From socialized medicine to cap and trade. From a crackdown on tax exemptions for charitable organizations to an increase in spying over the internet we can see easily which direction the power is going. The give act sounds exactly like the Hitler Youth and it is stunning that it has not received more public outrage.

Remember I am not proclaiming Obama will become a dictator. I am saying that Obama is largely increasing the power of government and largely increasing the chances of that power being increased even more and abused in the future.

Read some George Orwell and you will undoubtedly gain a deeper insight when it comes to how a nation turns towards tyranny.

#24     Apr 3, 2009
  5. Bush increased military spending after 9/11 and slightly increased social sending such as education. He invaded two countries. He definitely overreacted and should have withdrawn troops years ago but his expansion of power compared to Obama's is miniscule.

Also where are you now considering Obama is increasing the ability of Homeland Security to spy on people over the internet?

#25     Apr 3, 2009
  6. #26     Apr 3, 2009
  7. Word on the street is that HS is reviewing all of your posts and sending daily summaries to both President Obama and the Pentagon for ready reference. I hope you have a portable computer.

#27     Apr 3, 2009
  8. Good one.

I in no way believe we are currently in a tyrannical state. I do believe we have taken a few small steps towards that state in the Bush administration and a few big leaps during the last couple months of the Obama administration. I am not losing my lunch over one certain issue but rather observing the aggressive trend in which our government is headed.

#28     Apr 3, 2009
  9. Yet another incredibly ignorant post.
    Welcome to Nazi Germany.
    U.S. Constitution be damned.

NSA Analyst: All Americans Were Spied On

"According to former National Security Agency (NSA) analyst Russell Tice, millions of Americans are being spied on. Tice, who worked for the NSA as an analyst for nearly 20 years, said in an interview conducted by MSNBC that “NSA had access to all American’s communications, faxes, phone calls, and their computer communications,” regardless of their location or whether or not they made foreign communications.

During that time, the Bush Administration repeatedly assured Americans that only calls to and from foreign nations might be subject to monitoring in the effort to prevent terrorist attacks like 9/11.

Even though all communications from all Americans were potentially intercepted, in interviews Tice says that even though the Agency has the best computers, it’s impossible to monitor every single American directly. Instead, he said they “look at the metadata, the signaling data for communications and ferret that information to determine what communications would ultimately be collected.”

In one of the operations he was involved in, he recalled, NSA “looked at organizations just supposedly so that we would not target them, so that we knew where they were as to not have a problem with them.” Over time he said he grew to doubt that rationale as the justification for the program because it did not stop there and “collection on those organizations was 24/7 and 365 days a year, and it made no sense.”

As a result of his disillusionment with what he witnessed at NSA, he began to investigate the extent to which Americans were being placed under surveillance. He also noted that he remained silent for the duration of the Bush administration, and only felt comfortable enough to come forward after that administration had left office.

According to Tice, among the people and organizations subject to ongoing surveillance were reporters and journalists and U.S. news organizations. He claims that the information collected on the news agencies, reporters, and journalists is “digitized and put into databases somewhere.”

When asked the scope of the information collected on Americans by the NSA, he said “the parameters that were set for how to filter it … were things like … if a terrorist would normally only make a phone call for 1 or 2 minutes, then you look for communications that are only 1 or 2 minutes long. Now that could also be someone ordering a pizza, and asking their significant other what sort of toppings they wanted on their pizza.”

When asked how the NSA would handle questions asked by congressional committees, Tice claimed: “the NSA would tailor some of their briefings to try to be deceptive, for whether it be a congressional committee or someone they really didn’t want to know exactly what was going on. There would be a lot of bells and whistles in a briefing and quite often the meat of the briefing was deceptive.”

When asked in a second interview by MSNBC if the information collected stopped at phone and email info, Tice responded: “as far as the wiretap information that made it to NSA, there was also data mining involved. At some point information from credit card records and financial records was married in with that information.”

As a result of the NSA program, uncounted thousands of Americans may have had their privacy compromised and are thus victims of an illegal spying regime. Says Tice: “the lucky U.S. citizens, tens of thousands of whom, that are now on digital databases at NSA that have no idea of this, also have that information included on those digital files that have been warehoused.”

http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech-mainmenu-30/computers/720

Video interview.

#29     Apr 3, 2009
  10. jem

jem

Everyday I see Obama speak I become more convinced of the following.

He is a hell of a lot smarter than bush, but he is not half as smart as clinton.

Obama takes time to think before he speaks because he trusts his intellect. Makes him smarter than most politicians, especially pelosi, but so far he is giving no indication of a great intellect.

#30     Apr 3, 2009