A thing called class.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IShopAtPublix, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Obama does not know how to act like a world leader. He is probably still in shock at where he is in life. There is no other reason for the stupid things he keeps doing unless he is doing it on purpose so he can be "just another bro" hanging out witch you all.

#11     Apr 3, 2009

2. Time will tell if he is up to the job. He had the deer in the headlights look after G-20.

#12     Apr 3, 2009
  3. We guarantee failure if we drag our leader down.

You gots to believe, bro. You gots to believe.

#13     Apr 3, 2009

4. Well how about -- two jews walk into a bar (rimshot) .....?

#14     Apr 3, 2009

5. I agree, it couldn't have been put better. I only would have preferred you left the tongue thing out ...cringe.

#15     Apr 3, 2009
  6. Eight

Eight

That may be the crux of a nasty problem, they actually think they have more power than the Queen... I think they have a lot to learn maybe...

#16     Apr 3, 2009
  7. Just a mnemonic device - finishing with a striking image. (Never take my posts more than 60-70% seriously.)

I do think Obama has chance to become a great figure in history in spite of the handicap of being lauded as "the first Afro-American President"; he's much more than that.

#17     Apr 3, 2009
  8. Well, actually.. they do have more power. "Great" Britain is still a significant player but it's hardly the imperial colossus it was a century ago. The Obamas' power isn't going to their heads - and that's truly remarkable considering their humble beginnings.

#18     Apr 3, 2009
  9. We guarantee survival if we always keep our leaders and our government in a skeptial and realistic light. We guarantee our own destruction whether sooner or later if we put our trust in power hungry individuals, organizations and governments.

Call me a cynic but throughout human history nations have always moved from tyranny to tyranny. Each tyranny begins with the expansion of power to a nations government.

Each tyranny causes massive suffering and each one ends with massive death.

Is Obama going to be the tyrant? Of course not. I can hardly see the guy bossing around his employees at the White House. He is however pushing us further and further to the point where this amount of power cannot be reversed but rather increased exponentially by those who want the power the most.

#19     Apr 3, 2009
  10. is there a more useless powerless figurehead in the whole world than the queen?

#20     Apr 3, 2009