A thank you to the moderators and Baron

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by FuturesTrader71, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Thanks for all the free professional advices for the retail guys like me. :(

#11     May 7, 2006
  2. bye bye ft71.....:(

#12     May 15, 2006
  3. FT71,

Goodbye, and best wishes. You'll be missed....most of your posts definately fell into that "5% worth reading" category.

Maybe they'll start rerunning "Best of FT71" on here. :D

-T

#13     Jun 27, 2006
  4. Thanks. I'm not sure what they would be rerunning, but royalties would be good. :)

I'm not entirely leaving the site. I just wanted to pass a note to the moderators and say thanks for their hard work. I will continue to respond to threads I have subscribed to when I see something to contribute, but I will likely not participate in new threads. I found that I can't keep up with even the few forums I was subscribing to. :(

Good luck to you.

#14     Jun 28, 2006
  5. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

Moderator may be too hard at work. 2 of my posts under Trading got deleted yesterday. I still do not know why. PM the moderator & still have no response. It is very confusing these days. Where is the posting guidlines?

#15     Jun 30, 2006
  6. FuturesTrader71 brings up an interesting observation about one of the drawbacks of forums and forum software.

How does one find the best forum thread to participate in when there are 100's to choose from? Even more importantly, how does one find the most important posts within a thread?

The above is something that I've thought long and hard about for the last few years. I have not gotten much past the first few stages of developement in the software design process of the forum application. My problem is time and other commitments.

#16     Jul 3, 2006
  7. I find that others who use posting-rating by members to be quite useful. The forums with the highest views and a high average rating for posts contained within it would be the way to go if you want to shorten the amount of time it takes to sift through the 100's of threads that are started every day on various forums. On this site, the Trading forum is like the dump-file of all threads, it seems.

I still follow existing threads that I have subscribed to and feel are worthy, but am unable to effectively use my time to read and respond to the new ones. I still believe that this is a great service and a gem.

#17     Jul 3, 2006
  8. If I spent more time in the gym instead of browsing web, I would be in much better shape :(

#18     Jul 3, 2006
  9. that'd be interesting, but how do they avoid instances of posters malevolently ganging up against a particular poster / post... not always easy to sift between opinion and fact? moderators' job?

#19     Jul 4, 2006
  10. Wel... Do you believe in Karma? There you go!!

The poster being ganged up on will re-appear, just like they do here, with a different name and are then rated on their new posts based on that quality. The idea is not to keep the rating system fair in case someone has made enemies. Rather, it is useful for the collective to vote on good posts or bad. Most posts won't be voted on at all. I want to see when someone is sharing information that is of a high enough quality that others will rate it and then I can search for those particular posts when I'm interested in a subject/thread. Those who engage in bickering and attract enough attention to their posts to cause others to want to chase them down with a poor rating would most likely not be of interest to me anyway. As always, the system just needs to serve a general purpose and perfection is not the aim.

Would you agree?

#20     Jul 4, 2006