A terrorist war Obama has denied

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pop Sickle, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Yes, especially since we were invited to help.

It will be bad in the short run however.

So it becomes apparent that your only interest is in yourself. What happens to you, now....and not those around you, and their kids/grandkids.

Very telling......

#31     Jan 1, 2010
  2. dsq

dsq

no,just charitable.

#32     Jan 1, 2010
  3. You still think we can reshape the ME in our own image...

"So it becomes apparent that your only interest is in yourself."

I am interested in America taking care of Americans, and the whole "war on terror" preemptive and occupation of foreign lands is a joke...

Do you even realize that we are currently occupying two nations, and it has done little to stop terrorism?

Those who preach as you do would be right at home as senators preaching the glory of Rome while it fell...

All hat and no cattle...blind as a bat to the reality of America's falling for the military industrial complex and corporate America's greed...

#33     Jan 1, 2010
  4. dsq

dsq

and weve been asked to get out many times since and not just iraq but the entire mideast with the exception of israel...
    our attempt to nation build and resolve tribal conflicts and civil wars in the ME is a nightmare failure.Most posters here dont even know what started our hostile relations with iran in 1953.Intervening in a foreign countrys social/political upheaval is unwinnable and not without catastophic consequences like terrorism.

#34     Jan 1, 2010
  5. I too care first about the US.

But I take a longer view than you apparently do.

#35     Jan 1, 2010

6. You're conveniently ignoring the fact that terrorists also target their own citizens where we have no interest.

It demonstrates their long view on politics. It is generational, not from election cycle to election cycle, like we have come to think about politics.

Avoid acknowledging that as you see fit....

#36     Jan 1, 2010

7. Wrong.

Page 1.
    This is your statement. This was your entire statement. There is no dispute. It is there for the world to see.

You lied, and you lost. Get over it.

#37     Jan 1, 2010
  8. You take a short sighted view that America can export democracy at the threat of a gun.

You take a short sighted view that corporate profits and oil company profits and weapons manufacturer's profits are good even though the blow back is horrific.

You take a short sighted view that the billions we are spending on unnecessary wars are better than education our own children.

#38     Jan 1, 2010
  9. How exactly did you come upon the deluded thinking that someone entering a debate is the one who is in a position to judge winners and losers of that same debate?

Must be the consequence of watching "Fair and Balanced" Fox News 24/7.

#39     Jan 1, 2010
  10. Tresor

Tresor

Then you are a child who missed the cause and effect logic.

So far US demonstrated sucessfuly it kept on radicalising immams by threatening their countries.

#40     Jan 1, 2010