A teacher loses her job if she refuses to swear allegiance to Israel.. in the U.S.!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by El OchoCinco, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

Saw that this morning, ridiculous that the state would even have that in the books.

Righties will bitch about how they get called 'racist' or bigoted over every little thing but have no problem calling people antisemite anytime someone criticizes Israel over Palestine.

2. Well again it is not a political left v. right. This is a state demanding loyalty/allegiance to a foreign government as a precursor to be able to work for the state. This is a pure legal issue.

How can a state government ask you to pledge loyalty to any country, political party, religion or opinion as a prerequisite to you having a job? This is againt both left and right legal precedent and morals.

Specific facts.....a state is asking you to pledge loyalty to a FOREIGN GOVERNMENT. It is fine if you support any country but not only can't the government compel your loyalty/opinion but they are asking you to pledge to a foreign government in order to work at the state level (would be wrong at federal level as well).

This is the stupidest thing as a former lawyer I have ever seen.

Now the real test is if anyone can truly post here without making this a lefty/righty/Trump/Obama thing but just look at how offensive this is from a U.S. history/constitution/ foundations perspective.

ipatent likes this.
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

It's difficult to say this is not a right/left issue when I'd be willing to bet it was brought into "state law" by more than likely the GOP, and likely voted into majority by the GOP. Let's not pretend that Israelophilia cuts both ways along party lines.

But from an objective point of view, as I stated in my first response, ridiculous that it's even up to debate how this law is constitutional for anyone even with cursory understanding of the first.

4. This is what happens when government starts demanding loyalty tests, be it this nonsense, or as the article stated in situations where government is trying to determine how private business should behave as in the Chick-fil-a case. This stupidity will cut both ways politically and the chicken shits in government will play their games trying to even scores.
    Take a look at the map of states that have already enacted this lunacy, and how many are introducing the legislation. And you lefties want me to trust this government with all my personal choices? Not a fucking chance.
    law.png

Snarkhund and bullmarket79 like this.
  5. Cuddles

Cuddles

Just so it's clear, the map represents anti-Palestenian, pro-Israel legislation, not chick-fil-a....whatever the fuck you're going on about.

But yes, I agree it's stupid how people toe the line of their party

Interactive map with legislation of anti-pro-Palestine call to BDS:
    https://palestinelegal.org/righttoboycott/

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Would that be a form of treason?

7. I know what the map represents and if you had read the entire article you would know the Chick-fil-A connection. it is the left that is having all of these purity test do this do that or we'll boycott and destroy your business.well this is the backlash to that and it's going to get worse.

Snarkhund likes this.

8. I have to admit this was one of my thoughts. Not outright treason as we normally understand it but in the same feeling as asking someone to base their work for a government on their loyalty to a foreign power?!?!?

9. Again, you really want to squeeze this into a leftard v. rightard issue because that is what you are trained to do by the media.

You are free to boycott Chick-fil-A if you disagree with the owner's outspoken beliefs. People are allowed to gather and call for a boycott. People are free to go eat there.

However you are not free to tell me I can work for you as long as I promise in writing to never boycott Chick-fil-a. One is a free speech movement to send a message while the other is forcing someone to speak exactly in given manner no matter what you think.

That is a major difference.

This is not backlash from some left agenda. Boycott is a freedom of expression and you can boycott whoever you want (boycott Nike because of Kaep ads right?). But you cannot compel adherence to a position or policy. This is not the Soviet Union or North Korea.

#10     Dec 20, 2018
    Cuddles and Frederick Foresight like this.