A Taleb Thread

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Pa(b)st Prime, Mar 19, 2007.

1. you forget taleb did vol overlay

#11     Mar 30, 2007
  2. Perhaps I do. It's common courtesy to answer a question before posing a new one.

#12     Mar 30, 2007
  3. Neodude

Neodude

Pareto Levy,

First, for the sake of this thread I will presume that you are either Taleb or one of his students, because the ONLY posts you have made on elitetrader are in his defense.

Second, for the record, I have nothing against Taleb (you?) and I am looking forward to reading his upcoming book. I enjoyed reading "Fooled by randomness" and even recommend it to my friends.

Third, please don't call me a liar, I might be misinformed, but I do not make stuff up and post it anonymously on forums just for fun. I have good reason to believe that the statement I made about his strategy and thus his Empirica fund to be true. I cannot prove it, because I don't think Taleb posted the performance of his fund to any of the 3 major hedge fund databases and I certainly don't have access to his fund's financial statements.

In stead of calling me a liar I think it would be much more constructive for you to prove that I am misinformed. If you are Taleb you can own up to this fact and give your version of the story in this thread or you can point us to information that clearly shows I don't know what I am talking about.

Cheers,
    Neo

#13     Mar 30, 2007
  4. it is a lie (and highly libellous) to disseminate information without substantiation, particularly when it affects someone's reputation and the spread of a track record... you can say all you want about whether you hate him or not but do not propose facts that you have no clue about/and certainly when it comes to track records.
    i would be careful transmitting ...

#14     Mar 30, 2007
  5. Well, no. It need not be a lie to disseminate info without substantiation. I believe the word is "libelous"

#15     Mar 30, 2007
  6. taleb tells he "answers all his mail". you should write to him.

#16     Mar 30, 2007
  7. We've talked blackberry to blackberry many times, Nick. So now you were profitable on your Paloma stake? Losing "1/3 of your profits" suggests it.

#17     Mar 30, 2007
  8. wrong person. just ask him. he will answer you.

#18     Mar 30, 2007
  9. So you're also stating you're not NNT.

I already know the answer.

#19     Mar 30, 2007
  10. Neodude

Neodude

Perhaps we are both liars... In any case you have not provided any information that contradicts my conclusions and what I have heard on the street from sources I consider reputable.

I might be conveying hearsay and I am willing to entertain the idea that the full story might paint a different picture, however all the information I have says that some of his investors got tired of waiting for a Black Swan event and pulled the plug.

Care to elaborate?

-Neo

#20     Mar 30, 2007