A system suits all stocks, except ETFs/QQQ/Etc.? Do you know Why?

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by OddTrader, Jul 1, 2008.

1. If you knew the difference between an ETF AND a stock, you would probably be able to piece together why a method would work on ONLY stocks and not applicable to ETF's.

Its common sense!

#11     Jul 1, 2008
  2. Your logical thinking is beyond my comprehension! I am a newbie wanting to learn from you gurus!

#12     Jul 1, 2008
  3. So I guess you don't know the difference then. No wonder you are so lost.

But I hope you are trading with real money, if retail guys are like you, I should expect even bigger months coming up.

#13     Jul 1, 2008
  4. You truly gurus!

#14     Jul 1, 2008
  5. Does it mean that in general all trading methods for stocks would not be suitable for or applicable to ETFs?

#15     Jul 1, 2008
  6. Tums

Tums

No. Not necessary.

It depends on what data or variables the method was trying to analyze.

#16     Jul 1, 2008
  7. #17     Jul 1, 2008
  8. The Price Volume Relationship works in any market, on any time frame - provided sufficient liquidity exists. PVT refers to a specific methodology which uses the Price Volume Relationship to trade equities which match certain fundamental parameters. Since ETF's do not meet threshold with respect to these fundamental parameters, by definition ETF's cannot work with PVT. Only stocks which match (or exceed) the fundamental criteria can be traded using PVT.

However, one can trade ETF's using the Price-Volume relationship.

If you still don't understand, perhaps this analogy will provide some clarity.

You've started a thread to ask why someone can't use indoor paint to cover the outside of their house.

HTH

- Spydertrader

#18     Jul 1, 2008
  9. Here is a search result of 7 posts with poster "spydertrader" and "ETFs" as keywords:

http://elitetrader.com/vb/search.ph...=2446020&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

#19     Jul 1, 2008
  10. Of course there are approaches that can be used on both stocks AND etfs, but since I know you are referring to PVT, then the answer is still, NO

#20     Jul 1, 2008