A suggestion for all Tradestation users

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by o_2_b_sean, Aug 27, 2002.

1. I strongly recommend all the TS users here to get in the habit of at least once a week clearing your data cache. I have been finding minor errors in the data on my HD. I have found this problem on another machine as well. I think the root of the problem is that TS doesn't error check the data files, as they are updated over weeks or months. To clear the cache and refresh all your data to more accurately reflect the data stored on TS's servers, go to your C:\Program Files\TradeStation\Program\Cache and delete all the files found there.

If you don't believe that this can affect you system results. Run your fav system before and after clearing the data files. I have noticed a big difference (several K) in a few of my systems.

2. I tried your suggestion but when I got to the designated folder all I found were a bunch of alphabetized folders. I opened some of them, but they were all empty. Are you suggesting I should delete all the alphabetized folders?

3. You can also press Ctrl-F5 on a chart, which will refresh the data in the cache. This way you don't have to delete the files manually and accidentally deleting something important.

4. ahahahaha

let me guess, you read the manual! I feel somewhat stupid:D Seriously though, I was totally unaware that there was a hotkey for it. I looked but didn't find it I guess. I also must have figured, like everything else in tradestation, that the only way to do it was some hard convoluted way.

5. Don't worry about it. I found out inadvertantly when talking to a support person.