A successful journal - where is it?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by YouCan, Apr 18, 2008.

1. YouCan

YouCan

I know that many have tried to come with a trading journal that would prove a point or simply show one's way of trading. I'm a newcomer who would like to know about the successful journals. I've seen some that started well.

Do you know of any journal that was successful, maybe spectacular? Do you know if they are open for backtesting?

Thanks.

2. balda

balda

3. Its an understandable enquiry but there's a lot to be said about learning from others mistakes.When you know what not to do you're a long way to learning what you should do.

4. WD40

WD40

Back test only looks at one aspect of the market -- you get price over time, with volume, on one instrument.
    (a few software do allow you to have multiple data streams, but this is not a popular feature.)

Not all the trading methods are suitable for back testing. e.g. can you back test a MM's method?

Some traders look at the DOM levels and the PREM at real time. Most of the back testing software cannot accommodate that.

5. Vienna

Vienna

6. YouCan

YouCan

Thanks for the entry. This journal seems to be flat, isn't it?

I would like to hear about successful traders who are not necessarily day traders - nothing wrong with that - but it's easier to back test a system that can use the end of day data, as somebody pointed few posts above.

I'm going to look into more detail at the 4re journal.