A study in chaos

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by gtor514, Aug 12, 2005.

1. prt,

Very nice indeed. I think you got it upside down though. Does this help in making money in the market or does this pertain to the nightclub business?

#21     Aug 30, 2005
  2. tbomb

tbomb

3. both

#23     Aug 30, 2005
  4. gtor514

gtor514

I suspect that anybody who posts here or any other board has no clue about trading successfully. They troll these boards searching for a magic bullet - desperate to find a method they can eek out a few bucks with. The fact of the matter is if you aren't succesful as a trader within six months the chances are good you won't be. A good trader with proper MM can reach his or her goals in 2-3 years and be done with this business for good. I have met a few of these individuals who have done just that.

What I have proposed is certainly thinking outside of the box compared to any other idea you'll read about on this or any other board. And I expect a fair amount of ridicule and question. And yes I expect a fair amount of hostility as well from the frustrated and failed users of elliot wave counters and moving average cross-overs. If those methods are so great why are you wasting your time posting useless responses? Why aren't you out counting your money? Why, because there ain't none. Just like there ain't no kitty - ay?

In the two weeks that I first posted here I have done a fair amount of research/study/testing on this subject and I am more convinced now than before that there are merits to this approach. I wasn't just sitting around waiting for a stupid response or two. And yes they have begun to help me make money. Now to someone responds...

Yeah right, you can bet I'm going to get right on that. LOL This goes back to the first point made in this post and made by Equalizer...

Now I initailly started this thread by trying to answere the question: are markets random or do the follow a predictable motion that can be defined by some sort of non-linear dynamic motion. I believe I have given a minute amount of evidence to this. I could give more evidence to this, and evidence that you can actually trade with but what's the point? All I wanted to do was propose a different viewpoint by which to approach the market and help give an edge to my typical trading techniques. I have found that following the charts is like following a predator-prey system except that predator and preys are just bulls and bears. Recognizing this alone has given me an edge. I would have hoped to also exchange some ideas with a few like minded individuals; but hey that's life.

To anybody like my self that stumbles upon this thread or others in this forum in there search for chaos to study the markets, I will point you to the use of Feigenbaum's methods for determining bifurcations. That has helped me immensely. But this is it for me here at ET (elite, what a joke!)

To everybody else. Good Luck with your MACD's and moving averages or whatever you do. I for one am done with you and got better things to do like go count my money. LOL

#24     Aug 30, 2005
  5. To the first point, I know a lot of traders that just keep making money and as long as they are there is no need to stop, goal or otherwise. They only stop when they stop making money or blow out their account.

To the second point ... your ideas are old hat, rewashed stuff that math majors are taught first year. The logistic equation and preditor prey models were known and studied many many years ago.

Feigenbaum's methods for determining bifurcations are what, 30 years old ? Again, stuff taught in first or second year college math courses.

I'll tell you what big mouth, you look at the bifurcation diagram I posted and then take a guess at what i was implying ..... Come back with an analysis that impresses me and maybe I will respond .

#25     Aug 30, 2005
  6. Hi gtor,

Lucky us we have a guy like you "stumbling" upon our lowly threads. You seem to be a pretty knowledgeable fella well aware about all them trolls hanging around the place. No need to tell you either about the 95+% losers in our regular public. I safely and surely placed you already in this category.

In fact my asking about you making any money with your chaos thingie was simply a welcoming joke. Only the real dumbest ones among our trolls wouldn't have caught this one.

In fact, you seem to be singularly equipped to take over from our Jack who is getting pretty old right now. He still has a terrific following of disciples of his chaotic methodology. Don't correct me on this, your chaos is of quite a different nature, we all understand this.

Don't let any trolls hold you back. Try to spread your messianic glow in that brilliant unwavering style of Jack's. We have an almost unlimited supply of connoisseurs of this genre.

PS. Dumb private nononsense troll question: how the heck do you wring any money out of that chaos. We had already plenty of that random chaotic clown stuff. Nothing of it has worked for me. FYI, I never could understand anything of Jack's either.

#26     Aug 30, 2005