A study in chaos

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by gtor514, Aug 12, 2005.

1. You can find all types of patterns that will lead you to believe that you are seeing useful: what you are seeeing is universality: many systems have similar behaviour. This really wont help you though much with trading unless you are going to construct an automated system and in this case the basic technical patterns you mention are already known and dont need this level of analysis - only in very specialized circumstances do these ideas have utility.

That said, there are some general ideas that are quite useful that can be extracted from the logistic system. ... If I have time I might post a couple of interesting pictures ....

#11     Aug 30, 2005
  2. You could even explain simple breathing as an exercise in chaos. At least, if you have nothing better to do.

#12     Aug 30, 2005
  3. AaronCapps

AaronCapps Global Futures

2 weeks as a dead post, then BOOM, chaos!

#13     Aug 30, 2005
  4. Does the dead post posting and poster add to the posting chaos ? KA-BOOM.

#14     Aug 30, 2005
  5. and here I was, thinking fractal genetic chaotic algorithms give me the upper hand.

faked out again....

#15     Aug 30, 2005
  6. Chaos is interesting shit to anyone who has done any work with Dynamical systems.

Whether it is of use in trading is another question - and I can assure you that these will not be answered in these forums since anyone successfully employing chaotic techniques will keep such valuable information to themselves (now there's a surprise!).

All this talk of chaos, and no-one has yet mentioned strange attractors. You know, nightclub babes who hang out (occasionally) with their minging friends just to attract members of the opposite sex for them :D
    (I wonder if John M's rotund females employ such chaotic techniques of attraction - something about beauty being in the eye of the beerholder)

#16     Aug 30, 2005
  7. Choad

Choad

Sort of like this?

[​IMG]

#17     Aug 30, 2005
  8. Dude, you must hang out in "special" nightclubs. :cool:

Nighclubs don't quite allow that dresscode for women in my neck of the woods (although it comes pretty close in summer)...

#18     Aug 30, 2005
  9. ... well.... I dont think this picture can compete with the previous one but here it is anyway .....

#19     Aug 30, 2005
  10. LOL, check out the bifurcations on that one :D

#20     Aug 30, 2005