A strategy that is a secret

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by forextrader1990, Jan 20, 2020.

1. maxinger

maxinger

No problem to disagree mister.

bottom line is make sure we earn tons of money

#31     Jan 20, 2020
  2. gaussian

gaussian

He drew a couple lines my dude. The vast majority of regular posters here are well past their "I made a expert advisor to draw lines!" stage and onto more practical matters of trading.

At best this post is a humble brag. In reality, it's just another kid with a "secret system" to instant profits.

#32     Jan 21, 2020
    Snuskpelle and Handle123 like this.
  3. Deez

Deez

I don’t understand why sometimes people are encouraged and other are stomped down on this site. I don’t see anything threatening about what he said. I’d rather read random folks trading ideas than their dumb ass me me me journals that lack substance.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    #33     Jan 21, 2020
    nooby_mcnoob and Onra like this.
  4. #34     Jan 21, 2020
  5. notagain

notagain

Behold, the trend line secret works!
    Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 10.02.20 AM.png

#35     Jan 21, 2020
    forextrader1990 likes this.
  6. Deez

Deez

The guardians of E.T. doth protest too much, methinks

:finger: :D

#36     Jan 21, 2020
  7. Handle123

Handle123

[​IMG]
    I am not discounting the idea, but how many people come to this site and on very first ET post they have a catch title "A strategy that is a secret" and many charts, to me it feels like a vendor.

As far as the strategy it is reversion to the mean, almost all trade this way in one form or another. and the secret is controlling the risk management when wrong and if it is "5%" can wipe out one's account.

#37     Jan 21, 2020
  8. themickey

themickey

You guys are getting it wrong with your charts, OP was stipulating its a horizontal line, not a sloping line.
    So, imo, it's a type S/R level when projected horizontally.
    I don't believe it has major significance, there will be a random element to it, but probably has a wee bit of merit, when a trend is exhausted like a key day, some traders will want to come back to that level and take action.

#38     Jan 21, 2020
  9. themickey

themickey

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

#39     Jan 21, 2020
  10. My opinion is that banks control the charts.
    I think a computer makes the price swings.
    The charts have an algorithm.
    The price constantly breaks trend lines and comes back to the break point.
    If you check the past, you will see what I'm talking about.
    Test all the trend lines that you can find in the chart. EURUSD is the best for testing. Sometimes It comes back after a long time-span.
    Banks shouldn't let us to profit. because a trader who can profit, is a destructive for economy.

#40     Jan 21, 2020
    Onra likes this.