A Strange But Serious Proposition for a Not Yet Profitable Trader

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Swan Noir, Jan 8, 2012.

1. I've heard of people having success arranging house trades, either directly via Craiglist or through organized house swap sites. Your options get better depending on what your hometown and residence have to offer. Having a NYC apartment to trade would definitely put you on the A list.

I've always wanted to do a trade of my house in New Orleans for NYC or Europe, but having pets coupled with a quirky old house makes it a more difficult trade to pull off. Plus they want to come for Halloween or Mardi Gras when I want to be here too.

#41     Jan 9, 2012
  2. So your a struggling trader, looking for free room and board, attempting to take advantage of someone, who has achieved some sort of wealth or success through other means, under guise of teaching them how to trade?

Maybe you aren't as good as you think?

Sounds like you need career advice.

Don't pick up habits you cannot afford.

#42     Jan 9, 2012
  3. No, they are successful traders but want to spend some time abroad without paying an arm and a leg. That part I get because I've stayed in European hotels with stained carpets, water spotted furniture, and moldy cieling bathrooms, for like $300/night.

#43     Jan 10, 2012
  4. AK100

AK100

Charming.

Remind me not to invite you into my house.

#44     Jan 10, 2012
  5. Lornz

Lornz

The only problem I see with this, is that you don't know if you're going to make it as a trader. How can you be so sure that your advice has any validity?

#45     Jan 10, 2012
  6. OK ... consider yourself reminded.

#46     Jan 10, 2012
  7. +1

cuz his "wife" wants him to do it; shes not sure either and is trying to let him down easy; by finding another successful man, who she plans on running away with, together with swan.

#47     Jan 10, 2012
  8. With all due respect, I think there is some asymmetry between what you offer and expect in return which makes me agree that it is a strange proposition.

You are not yet profitable, yet you plan on withholding information on part of your trades due to liquidity issues? Is that some other market than ES?

In return, you want two trading computers, four screens and lodging?

I think if you made your initial offer more attractive, i.e., share freely of what you know and bring your own computers (laptops are powerful these days), a lot more people would be able to meet the other end of your offer.

Sincerely and in good spirits.

Regards.

#48     Jan 10, 2012
  9. emg

emg

New thread is coming regarding this thread

#49     Jan 10, 2012
  10. hkrahra

hkrahra

About the trip to another planets?

#50     Jan 10, 2012