A Strange But Serious Proposition for a Not Yet Profitable Trader

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Swan Noir, Jan 8, 2012.

1. baro-san

baro-san

!!! WARNING !!!

Somebody's about to get screwed! It sounds like a joke or a scam. It either offers nothing, or it won't deliver. Whoever takes this bait is either dubious or stupid, as the one making such an offer seems to be.

What trading can anybody learn from somebody who can't support himself through trading?

couchsurfing related incident

#11     Jan 8, 2012
  2. Sounds like you might not be interested in the offer ... lol.

#12     Jan 8, 2012
  3. I spent some time in Texas in the late '70's. I was in the investment end of the oil business at the time and ended up owning a bit of stripper production in Webb & Star counties which I kept as a small but regular (every month) income producer for a number of years. I got lucky and sold the production for a very good price when crude bounced up.

I got to know Dallas pretty well and have been back many times ... in fact as recently as last summer. It is great city but the international travel is what we seek. What do you trade? Are you making it work yet or still looking to get over the hump?

Thanks for the generous offer but not this time around!!

#13     Jan 8, 2012
  4. Ah, so you are no spring chicken! Too old for the kind of chancy deal you're looking for. Dallas IS international, blink and you'll think you're in Mexico. The hump? I am sprawled arms and legs akimbo hanging on straddling it. Good luck achieving your goal. I think the overseas technology issues alone will queer it. Shit, I have enough tech issues at home!

#14     Jan 8, 2012
  5. Well in the UK today you can get an affordable hook up that is 10 times faster than what I pay almost as much for in NY -- 100 MB. I won't consider a deal unless the broadband is up to par.

#15     Jan 8, 2012
  6. sounds like you are really the cat's meow. thanks for sharing that with us.

#16     Jan 8, 2012
  7. I think you could get what you want in Pittsburgh in a decent neighborhood with access to the cultural stuff for under $900/mo (including Verizon FiOS or some other fast connection).

I realize this isn't the bartering type of deal you were looking for, but.. I'm having trouble understanding the meeting interesting people and saving a few hundred bucks here and there thing.

Here's an apartment building 2 blocks from the carnegie museums, universities (Carnegie Mellon, Univ Pitt, etc), phipps botanical gardens, etc:
    http://mozartrents.com/ApartmentBuildingDisplay.cfm?ApartmentBuildingID=8

Just thought I'd mention it since the cost of living is very low here and it seems easier to live in than many other cities.

#17     Jan 8, 2012
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

He is talking about Europe, not the US.

#18     Jan 8, 2012
  9. I would never want to live anywhere the landlord plants impatiens in a plastic tub on the sidewalk.

#19     Jan 8, 2012
  10. ONLY IN AMERICA!!

I think Pittsburgh is a fine town ... I have been there a few times and enjoyed it. Is it possible that you read from my post that I'm looking to cut my living expense? I will be carrying my apartment in NYC as we travel, living well wherever we end up, eating out a dozen or more meals a week.

Is it so hard to imagine that three months in Rome or Madrid is not about just money? I'm hoping to make it affordable so I can at least not deplete my capital but c'mon guys ... there is a big, fun world out there and some of it is outside the USA!!!

#20     Jan 8, 2012