A stove powered by the sun is making a big difference in impoverished countries.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by hippie, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Can anyone tell me if the stove comes with a clock? Even when I'm not cooking I like to know what time it is.

2. Banjo

Banjo

3. Bob111

Bob111

i doubt that the grandma's in first clip is for real. the food doesn't look hot at all.
    I've tried something similar long time ago with 15-18" old satellite dish. and my dish was far more reflective than that foil box in the clip.
    it's can make the water boil in small coffee cup, just in few minutes,but no way it's going to be enough to boil something like 1-2 gallons of water. plus-you have to follow the sun and keep the focal point perfect at all time.

this guy-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFc37dbUUX4&feature=related

total BS..scam..selling this junk for 28$

4. A better question why do we have so many extremists in this country. What is wrong with power from Nuclear? I don't want a f*cking solar stove. I am not Fred Flintstone. And the technology for Nuclear is much better than 30 years ago. Canada, France and many other countries use if safely. If Kunta Kinte in Africa wants a solar stove because it saves their lives great but this America. I am referring to the second video posted.

Seriously does anyone stop and ask themselves why we have some many extremists here. They either want to own a sniper rifle and V 10 truck or use a solar stove. My favorite is this nonsense push for going green when the ROI doesn't work out.
    The lady in the first video reminded me of a lady the portrayed on one of the house show channels several years ago. She moved into a hut outside of Taos NM and was surprised when she hated it. Her cat was killed by animals and she was miserable. She packed it and left.

Its a rhetorical question. I know the answer. Americans are gullible. The don't question authority. And when the find out the truth the throw their hands up with apathy.

5. maxpi

maxpi

France and England pump nuclear waste straight into the channel!! I'm not sure what the problem is with disposing of nuclear waste, we have a place in Nevada that is two miles deep and Russia has even deeper holes... I guess the anti nuke people won't allow it. They are the reason the oceans are so polluted with mercury, it comes out of the coal burning power stations... people that can't do the math just f^&k things up continually everywhere...

6. Reminds me of what I read about Tesla. He told JP Morgan that he found a way to create free electricity and Morgan said how will we charge for it? He cut off his funding shortly after that.

7. don't worry, after we suck dry the middle east, canada and mexico, then we'll start using our resources, and once they're gone we'll go nuclear/solar. one day, nuclear and solar likely will be our primary sources of energy -- but perhaps not in my lifetime.