A stock market top right here?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by thorn, Apr 7, 2006.

Did the stock market top out on 4/7?

1. Yes

42 vote(s)
    33.1%
  2. No

60 vote(s)
    47.2%
  3. not sure

25 vote(s)
    19.7%
  1. thorn

thorn

The major indices ie S&P index has crossed it's moving average. This is another sign of a strong topping pattern. After this holiday weekend, and with earnings approaching, look for a bumpy ride for the rest of April.

#51     Apr 13, 2006
  2. You're right but the pieces that constitute the cycle you described don't follow each other in a clear cut sequence. They tend to overlap significantly because of the nature of expectations. Stocks will increase with interest rates for as long as rates have not reached a point that is believed to be unbearable by the economy.

#52     Apr 13, 2006
  3. asterisk

asterisk

I think markets are starting to be bothered by Iran, but we still have a couple of weeks until the deadline at the end of April. I think the market is going lower long-term, but I wouldn't be surprised if it just moved sideways or even rallied between now and the end of April.

#53     Apr 13, 2006
  4. wait 'till da transport breaks out of da channel and takes off with a shootin' thick green candle; omfg, da shorts will be outta biz for good this time.

#54     Apr 13, 2006
  5. ==================

DIA,SPY,YM, ES are weekly downtrends ;
    & 20 day
    =downtrends, plenty of short term polar bear trends.

50 day moving average = up
    200 dma [main institutional measure of uptrend /bull markrt]= up .

XLE ,....... oilgas stock= uptrends mostly all up;
    mostly shorting intraday lately , due to all shorter polar bear trends ;
    & as whitster noted
    not likely this bull market is over at all .

:cool: :p

#55     Apr 13, 2006
  6. And tops in indexes/derivatives are almost always areas;
    not just a single point. Usually takes several months or more.

Not a prediction.:cool:

#56     Apr 13, 2006
  7. bit: thats a good one. The dow is still 600+ off it's high. To be in a BULL mkt the dow needs to confirm the trannies, guess what no chance. I'm 80+ % short and will cover 1/2 if the dow gets there...I sleep very well at night homie..I won't even mention what the spu or 4 letter land has to do, but wait let me guess....this time its different?

#57     Apr 13, 2006
  8. uh, oh...shouldn't be da other way round?

how many times u all called a crash and da mkt turned 'round to make new highs[?]

roflmaopimp

#58     Apr 13, 2006
  9. I don't make calls, I just question bad ones

#59     Apr 13, 2006
  10. To the fellas with the bigger number of posts : what do you make of the $util. monthlies compared to the previous peak ?
    I am not implying that your knowledge is to be handed out freely without acknowledging that it is hard won...at least .
    Does it mean anything at all that the utilities are repeating the previous behaviour of the last peak ?

#60     Apr 13, 2006