A stock market top right here?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by thorn, Apr 7, 2006.

Did the stock market top out on 4/7?

1. Yes

42 vote(s)
    33.1%
  2. No

60 vote(s)
    47.2%
  3. not sure

25 vote(s)
    19.7%
  1. "This could not be more incorrect-------------- having plans in place to profit from such potential market possibilities is what will have you already in place to be rewarded. Sitting back and waiting for daily price action to put you into trades is still a reactionary game which does not pay the best. Managed proactive positions in place with a plan are some of the most profitable trades you could ever have"

i'm not sitting back and WAITING for daily price action (except for YM scalps which are always intraday), i am positioning LONG on weakness

this has resulted in profits continuously for several years. instead of trying to call a top (transports @ all time his, ER2 @ all time highs, S&P 5 yr highs, gold longterm hi, bla bla blah) try to actually MAKE profits.

and in a BULL market the best profits are made by buying weakness/pullbacks

i am always managing my portfolio and i am currently 20% short. i am always at least 20% short, because there are always good shorts out there, and it's nice to have some hedging exposure

i love bears. you guys just fuel the bull market

#31     Apr 9, 2006
  2. thorn

thorn

Where are you getting your information from. Is it the result of the falling stock market on friday?

#32     Apr 9, 2006
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

of course, there is no BULL market going on currently

#33     Apr 9, 2006
  4. thorn

thorn

Definitely not a bull market. It is merely a four year adjustment off of the lows.

#34     Apr 10, 2006
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

retracement--yes

#35     Apr 10, 2006
  6. thorn

thorn

The market turned downward today right around the same time the poll question finally went 25-24 in favor of "no"

#36     Apr 10, 2006
  7. thorn

thorn

Not necessarily. Economic strength is higher interest rates is lower profits.

#37     Apr 10, 2006
  8. "Definitely not a bull market. It is merely a four year adjustment off of the lows. "

it's only a retracement off the lows for TECH stocks. that is the paradigm shift you need to understand. tech stocks =/= THE MARKET

they equalled the 90's bubble

Dow, S&P 5 yr highs

Russell, Transports all time highs

Gold 15+ yr highs
    ditto silver

that is a bull market. the nasdaq 100 and the internet bubble stocks do not equal the stock market

this aint yer DADDY's bull market, but if you look at

1) transports
    2) russell
    3) amex composite (amex has trounced the nasdaq and nyse composites
    4) and to a lesser extent dow and s&p
    5) gold

this is an awesome bull market

otoh, if you are still holding on to your VERT shares from 2000, i think you might be thinking not so much a bull market ;)

#38     Apr 10, 2006

9. yes if you only look at what's going up and ignore everything else....

gee whizz...

amazing the lack of reality...

#39     Apr 10, 2006
  10. please elaborate on the relationship between economic strength and higher rates. premium rewards risk

#40     Apr 10, 2006