A stock market top right here?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by thorn, Apr 7, 2006.

Did the stock market top out on 4/7?

1. Yes

42 vote(s)
    33.1%
  2. No

60 vote(s)
    47.2%
  3. not sure

25 vote(s)
    19.7%
  1. thorn

thorn

The market reversed today as bond yields rose to 5%. Usually, the stock market follows the bond market. My thinking is that it will again, and the market will start headed lower from here.

2. I think we are going to nasdaq 4500 next week

and dow 13000

3. bitrend

bitrend

You will get lots of different opinions and even with a majority of a yea we're still not able to know the truth. Mr. Market neither knows nor cares our prediction whether it was right or wrong. He is a real dictator, never listen to us and want us to always listen to him. Once a trade is aware of that he will avoid a lot of pitfalls.

4. Long 1/2 hour before the close ES and NQ! We will see!

5. thorn

thorn

How do you see it going up as long bond yields rise to multi year highs?

6. thorn

thorn

I respectfully disagree with this statement. Mr. Market does know and does care about the mass of predictions. And even though he is a dictator, he will listen to us, and take the market where fewest want it to go.

7. bitrend

bitrend

I agree with only one and unique condition, if you are or a group of big players then of course you can move the Market. It seems on these days there aren't a lot of people who can have this authority since too many players got involved and more often than not they are not in consensus. If yes, it will be for short term only they cannot avoid the inevitable.

For example, the 1929 crash was not due to Jesse Livermore sold-short and the 2000 crash was not because the Wall Street firms (Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, Merrill Lynch, Credit Suisse First Boston, etc.) want it to crash. It because the gravity was becoming so strong that nothing can stop.

8. thorn

thorn

In the end, the market will take the most money from the most people. The market is good at fooling people, playing with their emotions of greed and fear. Yes, big players can move the market short term. But in the end, the market moves to where it can hurt the most.

9. bitrend

bitrend

For now, I'm no longer interested by the Market direction as a whole and careless about any predictions. The most important is the stocks that I want to trade. I'm aware about the Wall Street famed phrase Win the battle, but lose the war. The battle is the Market and the war is your stock.

10. dis

dis

Anything is possible. However, odds favor a continuation of the trend.

#10     Apr 8, 2006