A Stock A Day

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ElectricSavant, Mar 15, 2004.

1. #21     Mar 18, 2004
  2. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

I knew there had to be a catch to this.................A virtual FUND?
    LOL

now i understand the whole point of this thread.......

And it sounds like the ELectricyahoo has ADD like me, and a split personality unlike me.

#22     Mar 19, 2004
  3. Too funny.....ElectricYahoo......ohhhhhh ROFL bawawawaaaa

Wifey......

#23     Mar 19, 2004
  4. Well nkhoi.....do not encourage him.....You see ElectricYahoo....is very sick......Last night when sitting in the dept store listening to my tape, I realized that I had been married to him for 16 years....

Do you know what it is like to be married to a Savant for 16 years?

When Electric is normal, he can be a very nice guy. But he goes through periods of "Savantish behavior" that is hard to tolerate. I think back over the years.....and oh how I wish I could of had a normal life....We do not have children as his therapist and several institutions have advised against it. You know we live near Camarillo, Ca. for a reason....(there is a famous mental institution there and we needed to be close)

Anyways Electric is busy right now...he gets lost in spreadsheets...he is fascinated with MFE(maximum favorable excursion and MAE(maximum adverse excursion). Last night after breaking out of the Dept. store, I grabbed that book named, Maximum Adverse Excursion, by John Sweeney off of Electric's Shelf and I must say it is NOT good bedtime reading...I am sorry, but I don't know what keeps you professional traders interested in your business....Electric tells me its a business and successful traders treat it as such. I hope I am talking the talk as I have no idea what Electric and you guys are talking about...but I am trying to fit in.

Well, I am talking too much, again...but I can't help it because I am just a woman in captivity...

Wifey

#24     Mar 19, 2004
  5. Well....I had to put Electric to bed for a couple of hours....He has had quite a busy weekend. He got an idea to become a licensed pyrotechnician. He was out in orange county all day yesterday meeting the fire marshall and taking certification classes.

Don't tell him...but his therapist advised me that he can never be allowed to shoot off professional fireworks in public displays. His therapist suggested that I register him as a "mental outpatient" and to be treated with care.

You see Electric fools many people....I really do not know what to do about it...When I come home from work, I never know what to expect....what has Electric done? One day I came home to Electric smoking a cigar and playing poker with a bunch of traders from a chatroom, maybe this one, I don't know. Ok, Electric can count cards and has been warned at Ceasars palace about the eye in the sky, but this does not permit him to bring a bunch of strangers into our home!

Anyway's I have got to go to the store and get more flashlight batteries. I will posts Electrics trade for tomorrow a little later. He is getting 10 k more of TLT to balance the portfolio....He eventually will be fully invested in Stocks and TLT...he will try and maintain diversification across all sectors and split cash with some TLT along the way. But again to build a portfolio takes time and you just do not take a million and jump in! If you did this then you would need to be Right....or.....Wrong. This is about scaling in and risk across sectors. Remember after the bubble there was not one stock that showed a profit.....and since we only go long....well I gotta go....please don't wake Electric....

Wifey

#25     Mar 21, 2004
  6. One more thing...why do these idiot investors only go long? How could anybody time the market? Electric was up all night last night looking at trends and time.....cycles and stuff that I do not understand. I went to bed with one of his books by Ryan Jones "The Trading Game". You guys sure do have boring books....I would never be a trader...

Wifey

#26     Mar 21, 2004
  7. MAS

Electric also added 10k more of TLT. He will add more of this time to time to keep the portfolio balanced. This is a new portfolio and there is a lot of cash not being used yet.

Wifey

NDE -0.64%
    ULBI 0.77%
    TYL 0.47%
    CD -0.56%
    TLT -0.04%
    TK -2.30%

#27     Mar 21, 2004
  8. #28     Mar 22, 2004
  9. Electric told me earlier he will average down on ULBI with an additional trade to "add to" his position tomorrow. Electric left with his flashlight, no telling where he will end up.

Electric will average down on his good, value stocks whenever they show a minus 5% from the first trade and each 5% increment thereafter, AS LONG AS THEY SHOW UP IN HIS PROPRIETARY QUANTITATIVE RANKING AS STRONG, GOOD, VALUE STOCKS. He will then hold until the first close reflecting a 15% profit from the new averaged price and then exit the following morning.

For example notice the close today put ULBI in an "add-to" condition for the first time (>minus 5%)...now if it goes to a close of minus 10% after this "add to" there will be an additional "add to" then minus 15, minus 20%...etc...As long as its in his quantitative model! Each "add to" is the same as the initial entry amount of 10k or closest rounding to 100 lot increments.

He said this was to show MrMarket a thing or two....

Well....There goes Electric again...violating every rule in the book!!!! He is throwing good money to bad....I wonder what the prodigy will do in a prolonged bear market?......sheesh "selling into rallies" does not necessarily mean "buying into sell-offs"!

Well, secretly I am glad (don't tell electric), as I want to show MrsMarket who's husband is bigger.....MrMarket may be Huge but Electric is enormous....

I gotta go the police are here. (what has Electric done?)

Wifey....

TLT 0.47%
    NDE -2.18%
    TYL -0.75%
    CD -1.62%
    ULBI -8.36% (2)
    MAS -1.10%
    TK -2.53%

#29     Mar 23, 2004
  10. police

Well, last night they found Electric naked in the community spa after it was locked up(he must have climbed the fence).... The police did not book him as they know him very well. They simply said..... "come on Electric put your clothes on and lets go back home." Electric stumbled and mumbled all the way home the police said....they asked me to PLEASE keep track of him.

Tonight Electric is quiet.....he is up to something, and won't talk about it. I increased his meds as I know him and I recognize the danger zone.

Well, I am off to the dept store to listen to AM radio.....Tell Electric to go to bed if you see him and tell him I will be home soon after their security guard (Charles) goes to sleep. I might stop for a soak in the spa (I found a gap in the fence) so I might be home a little late.

Wifey.....

ULBI... -2.29%(2)
    TLT.... 0.65% (2)
    NDE.. -1.26%
    TYL.... 1.02%
    CD.... -1.15%
    MAS.. -1.47%
    LNY.. -0.79%
    TK.... -2.37%

ElectricYahoo's Mess

#30     Mar 24, 2004