A star is born

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gabfly1, Aug 11, 2010.

1. splendid voice, I wonder how she can sing with high voice like that

#11     Aug 11, 2010
  2. WOW!!!

10 Stars!! What an amazing talent, she's an Angel!

#12     Aug 11, 2010
  3. Her second performance:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TVGrcy8wQHk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TVGrcy8wQHk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

#13     Sep 1, 2010
  4. She has a beautiful life to bring joy to so many. Blessed with such a gift.

#14     Sep 1, 2010
  5. Hello

Hello

Con te partirò is probably my favourite opera style song, she did a better job of it then Bocelli. Im thinking the next song on her list will be Ave Maria. We will cerainly hear it by the finale.

#15     Sep 2, 2010
  6. what a talent, love to hear this voice

#16     Sep 7, 2010
  7. I was actually wondering if she was going to follow her first performance with that one. Yes, I think her performance rivals that of some heavy hitters. And while I am also quite partial to Con te partirò, and I imagine it was more difficult to perform than her first aria on stage, I still prefer the haunting innocence of O mio babbino caro.

Her only real competition is a 32-year-old costume character who calls himself Prince Poppycock. He's campy, but is a serious tenor who commands the stage and also gets standing ovations. Even so, I think Jackie will likely win. While everyone was very impressed with Prince Poppycock, they were amazed by little Miss Evancho. And her performances went viral on the Internet.

Regardless of the outcome of this competition, I don't think it will be Time To Say Goodbye to either of these talents. I expect both of them will have very successful careers in the years to follow. The finals are tonight.

#17     Sep 7, 2010
  8. I was mistaken. This evening, the top 10 acts will compete for a spot on the final 4 next week.

#18     Sep 7, 2010
  9. Hello

Hello

I never thought much of that guyn when i first saw him, i dont watch it enough to know much but i remember at the start he just seemed like a dude in drag with nothing really to him, his performance in the last part whatever it was with the blues and whites, and the entire stage was amazing, more then anything the stage /costumes were absolutely perfect, and the background made that performance, i think he did that queen song to it......

I cant see how anyone could beat that girl, i remember watching one night while i was working and seeing two guys have to go up with her on stage to see who got voted through and i just felt sorry for the other 2 cause you know damn well if you have to go up with her you are not going through to the next round, inside their head they must have known they were toast when she got like 4 million hits on youtube that night.

Like you said regardless of who wins it both will become fantastically wealthy through performing.

#19     Sep 7, 2010
  10. Oh, I don't know. When I first saw him on stage in costume, I though to myself, Oh no, just more bullshit. But the moment he sang the word Figaro, I knew he was a contender. And his rendition of Pagliacci's Clown was very impressive. I think his (oustanding) version of the Queen song was in response to Howie Mandell's earlier critique questioning whether the mainstream would accept his act.

Otherwise, we seem to be in agreement. Unsettling, isn't it? :D

#20     Sep 7, 2010