a solution to US china trade imbalance

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by traderzhangSan, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Chinese are always grateful for for that.
    Having said that, China would defeat japan even w/o US help. it just took much longer and many more lives.

#21     Mar 21, 2010
  2. Exotic proposals.

#22     Mar 22, 2010
  3. leave china alone. china is saving the world from going depression

#23     Mar 22, 2010
  4. GTS

GTS

Pretty funny fiction. There is no doubt in my mind that long before those strategic missiles hit mainland US we would have already launched ours and would totally annihilate China at the same time.

The idea that we wouldn't retaliate because we may or may not kill those responsible is ludicrous. Clearly targeting China's military forces including their remaining strategic missiles would be a priority.

No point arguing about it - no one knows for sure how it would play out but I think the premise of the article you quoted is total rubbish.

#24     Mar 22, 2010
  5. On wikipedia, China has 400-500 nuclear missiles, and the US over 10,000. Do they even have a single aircraft carrier yet?

It was hard enough on the USSR-USA nuclear MAD, to prevent launches when a glitch happened. China eliminates the western USA without response...

100 million US dead and not a single PLA death. That is what happens when the Chinese army heads daydream while smoking opium...

At some point, the last major communist government will pass into history. They are governing a people mostly with little interest in retaining them longterm. As someone in Chongching said when I visited (we basically ignore them).

The creators of this should read "The Mouse that Roared..."

#25     Mar 22, 2010
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

As was pointed out, the U.S. has over 10,000 acknowledged nuclear devices.

Occasionally in the past the U.S. has employed equally large unacknowledged systems. What you see is the tip of the iceberg.

I think the Chinese nuclear weapons could destroy millions in the USA, no doubt about it. But the U.S. nuclear weaponry could transform China into a glass-floored self-lighting parking lot, for real. Not a living soul remaining across asia. The Chinese people and culture would be a memory.

MAD is alive and well.

China is actually a very fragile country, its forces undisciplined, its equipment shody, its training dubious, its intentions malevolent.

The OP should be waterboarded just for the fun of it. :cool: I mean, seriously, the Japanese army totally owned China with only a couple of divisions. The chinese just don't have the belly for war.

#26     Mar 22, 2010
  7. man, I never said China would wage a war against US.
    It is well known China nuclear arsenal is small and only for retaliate purpose.
    Everybody know that US has capability to wipe out the earth many times.

But one other hand, if nuclear war is forced upon China, China has no choice but fight back to make sure everyone die. it is just as simple as that.

#27     Mar 22, 2010
  8. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

Screw the Chinese, we need to just forget about them. Why don't we set up manufacturing facilities in Central & South America to compete directly with the Chinese? Then all of our export/import problems would be solved and the Chinese can take their pegged currency and shove it up their dumpling chutes. Either this idea or impose a 20% import tax on everything imported from China to the US. That's my solution.

#28     Mar 22, 2010
  9. Do you seriously think that people living paycheck to paycheck and barely making it with sales taxes around 8% would survive with taxes all of a sudden at 30%? Keep in mind that over 50% of Us citizens survive paycheck to paycheck at least a portion of the year. This consumption tax is a poorly thought out idea and just a way for high earners not to pay their fair share of taxes.

#29     Mar 22, 2010
  10. Obviously the article is fiction and dates back to circa 2002. Back then we were a much stronger nation both from an economic and military perspective. An amusing read none the less seeing that in just the past 7 years our fortunes have changed.

#30     Mar 22, 2010