A soccer dad's quiet moment with family

Discussion in 'Politics' started by james_bond_3rd, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Jeremiah Wright was serving his country when you were picking your nose.

From 1959 to 1961, Wright attended Virginia Union University,[2] in Richmond. In 1961 Wright left college and joined the United States Marine Corps and became part of the 2nd Marine Division attaining the rank of private first class. In 1963, after two years of service, Wright joined the United States Navy and entered the Corpsman School at the Great Lakes Naval Training Center.[12][7] Wright was then trained as a cardiopulmonary technician at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland. Wright was assigned as part of the medical team charged with care of President Lyndon B. Johnson (see photo of Wright caring for Johnson after his 1966 surgery). Before leaving the position in 1967, the White House Physician, Vice Admiral Burkley, personally wrote Wright a letter of thanks on behalf of the United States President.[13][14][15]

In 1967 Wright enrolled at Howard University in Washington, D.C., where he earned a bachelor's degree in 1968 and a master’s degree in English in 1969. He also earned a master's degree from the University of Chicago Divinity School.[7] Wright holds a Doctor of Ministry degree (1990) from the United Theological Seminary in Dayton, Ohio, where he studied under Samuel DeWitt Proctor, a mentor to Martin Luther King, Jr.[16]

#21     Oct 22, 2008
  2. If you served your country does that give you the right to spew hatred on America? Didn't think so idiot. Oktiri your the biggest biased idiot i have ever seen. Your truly just scum.

#22     Oct 22, 2008
  3. Gord

Gord

You quoted me and then you didn't answer the question. Here, I'll ask again:

Please explain to me the "family values" that lead a mother and father to take their young children to a church with members that cheer racism and America bashing from the pulpit?!? :confused:

#23     Oct 22, 2008
  4. The second part of your quote is false and misleading. A 10 sec clip out of context is meaningless.

Parents who take their children to Church are good. Jesus doesn't belong to the White southerner, to each their style of worship.
    I attended a baptism service and witnessed some crazy shit. I didn't associate the people who took me there with the most extreme elements of the service.

Get a grip, people

#24     Oct 22, 2008
  5. Gord

Gord

Yup - Trent Lott was a certified racist for making a joke to compliment Strom Thurmon on his 100th birthday, but Reverend Wright who Barack Obama has even thrown under the bus, was taken "out of context".

Do you realize what an idiot you look like when you make such dumbass statements?!? [​IMG]

#25     Oct 22, 2008
  6. NO, but YOU do.
    Trent Lott was ousted by President Bush who wanted to replace him with asshat Bill Frist (who was going to toe W's line more closely) When he was let go, The GOP had full control of the house and the Senate.
    Shows you how the GOP uses the race card themselves.
    Lott was a good man, betrayed by his own folk Another reason not to vote for the 2008 GOP. Asshats

#26     Oct 22, 2008
  7. I would categorize Wright, Ayers, etc as smears that don't have any relevance to either Obama's character or his policies.

It seems that the American people agree with me:
    http://www.pollingreport.com/o.htm

#27     Oct 22, 2008
  8. Gord

Gord

I didn't mention Wright or Ayers. It was a generic question about parents who expose their children to a church filled with racist, America bashers. Please explain the "family values" that these parents would have that would lead to such a decision?

#28     Oct 22, 2008
  9. Already answered. political trap.
    Republicans are caricatures of "Stepford wives." seem like they live in a homogenized utopia dream. clones

i'm getting scared. they're reaching Nazi territory of being like each other.

#29     Oct 22, 2008
  10. Oktiri your just a dumb bitch case closed. You have the biggest mental superiority complex i have ever seen. Your ability to address arguments tossed at yourself is comical and your radical left views are the more laughable as well. Keep the comments coming as i can't help but laugh at you constantly.

#30     Oct 22, 2008