A soccer dad's quiet moment with family

Discussion in 'Politics' started by james_bond_3rd, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Obama attends daughter's soccer game. This is simply amazing:
    http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2008/10/obama_attends_daughter_malias.html#more
    No cameras, no fanfare, just a pool reporter from yards away "couldn't see much of the action from a distance."

How many dads here have attended their daughters' soccer games?

From one of the comments below the story:

The media pool has been covering him at his girls' soccer games for some time. Because he's there on a pretty regular basis. There was a hilarious video from the pool disseminated some months ago (still during the Democratic primaries) of Michelle and Barack in the usual folding cloth soccer chairs, he starts to use his blackberry and Michelle poking him to put it away. Yep, Mom is making it real clear "this is focus on the kids time--I don't care how 'urgent' the heading on that email looks!" Looks like a pretty together family to me.

What a surprise. A functioning, real family (as opposed to a family that parades their children around on campaign rallies and have other dysfunctional symptoms...)

2. It's nice taking into appreciation the love of family but when you use that as a personal attack it just shows how disgusting you really are.

It's one thing to make a contrast of Obama's children being better than Palins children. It' another total thing to personally attack Sarah Palin's children on the premise of gaining political points for candidates. James bond 3rd I really suggest you get some help.

3. And for the clown who rated this a 1 (worst), what's your problem with people attending their children's soccer games? Is that how you show your support for the GOP? Or is it a "conservative" value that people neglect their children when they run for political offices?

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Amazing?

Considering millions of parents attend their children s games/plays/recitals every day. The only thing that is amazing is that you find it "Amazing".

5. So you're the clown who didn't even understand the comparison. Where is the "personal attack" on Sarah Palin's children? Find the exact quote, idiot.

6. What a surprise. A functioning, real family (as opposed to a family that parades their children around on campaign rallies and have other dysfunctional symptoms...)

How does the Palin family have Dysfunctional symtoms? Your the idiot and the f'd up loser making personal attacks on her children.

7. Another idiot. How many fathers attended their children's games while running for president?

8. You are an F'd up loser. At the least of everything make a political opinion that doesn't have to do with personal attack's on children.

9. Idiot. Now let me explain to you really slowwwwwly. There were two criticisms.

1. They parade their children on campaign rallies. That's a statement of fact, not a personal attack. It was not a criticism of the children, but of their parents.

2. Dysfunctional symptoms, for example, a nasty divorce by her sister involving the governor abusing her power to fire the ex inlaw. Again a criticism of adults, not children.

10. The main attack has been on her pregnant daughter. I know you were implying that and i also know your an F'd up loser.

#10     Oct 22, 2008