A Smooth Equity Curve ----- The Holy Grail -----

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by aeliodon, Apr 26, 2007.

1. maxpi

maxpi

:D

#11     Apr 28, 2007
  2. I disagree with the OP, I don't believe the holy grail of trading to be a smooth equity curve.

Holy Grail in my sense of the word is some magical setup, some indicator, that is right close to 100% of the time.

If anything, I don't want a smooth equity curve because my account is so small compared to a 10 million dollar account (where keeping drawdown low and the curve smooth is so important, which is why institutions get ~20%). With an account like mine, I want to concentrate my funds and swing for large returns while using leverage.

#12     Apr 28, 2007
  3. For a moment, it seemed this thread might be intelligent. Then you, the OP, makes this 100% stupid post.

I'm sure you'll be selling that 100% system so you avoid that 10 year timebomb.

What an idiot.

#13     Apr 28, 2007
  4. :)

#14     Apr 28, 2007
  5. Yep... gotta be a jack hershey type... congrats you've made the ignore list.

Also, while I may sound like I don't appreciate this posting, the opposite is true. It's nice to know that I'm not the stupidest person trading... which is sometimes how I feel.

#15     Apr 28, 2007
    #16     Apr 28, 2007