A single anonymous market manipulator caused bitcoin to top $20,000 two years ago, study shows

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by trader99, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

I already did (and made a succinct point there) . I screwed up the math in your quote (corrected in my post), it needs to be multiplied by 12.5. So about 3/4 million dollars worth of dilution is added per hour to the best thing since the dinosaurus.

#21     Nov 5, 2019
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Let's get back on topic. Assuming the article is true, how come this manipulation hasn't been repeated in the last 2 years or didn't happen much earlier?

I think manipulation contributed to the price surge but it was pure human greed that pushed the price up to 20K. I didn't know about manipulation, yet I correctly predicted the top in a given timeframe and the size of the drop too. That was based on experience with market madness and prices going vertical without knowing about this whale.

I think it is more the tether connection that anything else what contributed the most to the run up.

#22     Nov 5, 2019
  3. Rules that change and were completely ignored during the 2008 crisis and emergency dikewall ops.
    BTC has pre-set algorithmic rules that cannot be changed, unlike the FED which can change the playbook anytime it wants.

#23     Nov 9, 2019
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

Hm, you mean rules like allowing USDT to be created our of nowhere and used to keep BTC afloat????

#24     Nov 9, 2019
  5. Sprout

Sprout

#25     Nov 20, 2019
  6. maxinger

maxinger

'congrats' to the manipulator who sold it at $20k.
    In real world, only smart people earn $$$.

No pity, no sympathy to those greedy, gullible, un-smart investors who bought it at $20k.

#26     Nov 20, 2019
    trader99 likes this.