A simple price action approach

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by metal, May 9, 2011.

1. No.Heat

No.Heat

One of the best threads Ive read in ET in a very long time.

I hope the quality of posts continue and the moderators protect it from becoming trash.

Some phenomenal tips and suggestions from people I highly respect in this thread.

Thanks for taking the time to educate guys and gals.

Much appreciated.

No heat

#51     May 14, 2011
  2. Handle123

Handle123

I have a trendline method automated for 60 minute ES. It is actually a stop and reverse method most of the time. I have identified for myself Major S/R trendlines and Minor S/R trendlines. All trendlines on 24 hour bars must be started from a "Major Pivot" high/low strength of 24, meaning if pivot low, 24 bars to left and 24 bars to right must have higher lows. Major S/R trendline is the connecting of one "Major Pivot" to another "Major Pivot", so an upsloping trendline is to be bought near trendline on 3/4 "touches" of this line. Minor S/R trendline must be started at "Major Pivot" and price must touch it another two times and enter is near on 4/5 times. There are other patterns I use based on ATR is case price goes beyond trendline. But I normally risk 5.50 to 6.00pts with first target being 20.00pts. All orders are canceled five minutes before reports, and after reports, some trades become slingshots cause high rate of failures on initial move after report. After a handful of bars, stops adjusted to breakeven.

Ok, back to my rocking chair. Honey, can I have more marshmallows for my hot cocoa?

#52     May 14, 2011
  3. Sure sweety....you know where the bloody kitchen is....LAZY BUGGAR....!! :D

A very neat thread guys...sure hope it provides some people with insight to PA methods...:cool:

NiN

#53     May 15, 2011
  4. BSAM

BSAM

You'll never become an "ET guru" with that attitude. Don't you understand?...It must be mystical and not understandable even after you explain it.:eek:

#54     May 15, 2011
  5. xiaodre

xiaodre

cmon guys, give it a rest. Please don't let this thread turn into 50 pages of jack bashing. I don't want to bring anyone's high down, just want this thread to stay on target, right?

#55     May 15, 2011
  6. This is a great thread that I will study intently later this evening. Thanks to everyone who contributed constructively :)

Now, I suggest to the mods that they erase all the troll posts and flame posts so that we can stay on topic. Thanks.

#56     May 15, 2011
  7. maxpi

maxpi

I don't know if mods do that, just put the ones you never want to hear from on ignore... but someone will always quote them of course, nothing much can be done about that...

#57     May 15, 2011
  8. I have a window at my home overlooking a beautiful private garden where I like to gaze from time to time while trading. The window came with a fitted screen as almost all residential windows. There are no insects of consequence in the area so the screen provides no security from unwanted intruders either of the human or insect variety. Yet the screen obscures the clarity of the view to the private inner sanctum of the garden. One day I removed the screen and threw it away. It was unneeded and simply an obstruction. I was afraid it would again find its way into the framework of the window so in the trash it went. Now the perspective, the view, and the airflow is better. Even cleaning the window is easier.

Zen and the oneness of being. Think about it.....

#58     May 15, 2011
  9. No, this is not a swing low. It's nor even a swing.

A swing requires both time and price, in other words it is obvious. This was a single bar blip.

Look at prior swings and that tells you the relative significance of the move.

#59     May 15, 2011
  10. metal

metal

Jack Hershey you are not welcome on this thread; please do not post here again.

We have a great discussion going thus far and I like seeing the productive exchange of ideas continue. Thanks to everyone for their input as I, too, want to learn. Let's ignore the trolls.

I'll post more of my ideas soon.

metal

#60     May 15, 2011