A second bite at the cherry

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Cutten, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Are you trading futures or options?

#41     Oct 16, 2008
  2. Cutten

Cutten

ES futures. IMO the moves are too whippy for options, and with VIX in the 70s the premium is very expensive.

We have some momentum here so long ES with trailing stops is best IMO.

#42     Oct 16, 2008
  3. HERE COMES THE OIH AND THE ENERGY COMPLEX!!!

:D

#43     Oct 16, 2008
  4. I'm going to repeat what I have been positng for the past few weeks which is that nothing has changed economically between now and June 2007 was at 14,000. Absolutely nothing. 90% of these inidicators are important because as long as unemployment remains stable (between 6-7) and wages and income, as well as consumption keep rising the recovery in the stock market WILL be 'v' shaped. Period. Stocks are already surging off the lows and this will continue to rise. There is no crisis and no recession, except one that is media generated.

#44     Oct 16, 2008
  5. Cutten

Cutten

Yup. And emerging market ETFs starting to heat up too. These could go bananas to the upside if this was indeed the pullback low.

#45     Oct 16, 2008
  6. you're out of your fking mind! do you know that? !! were you even in the market back in 2000-2002 or were you still in high school?!!

#46     Oct 16, 2008
  7. Problem is that he doesn't know it. He just shows up here whenever there's a swing to the upside and posts the same crap.

I'm not foolish enough to think I know what's going to happen. So please, let's just all sit back and listen to folks who are far more adept at this stuff - Cutten and Landis - for instance.

#47     Oct 16, 2008
  8. So why is the Baltic Dry Shipping Index down 65% in the past 3 weeks?

Why is bank loan volume the lowest since the Carter Administration?

Why does every single EIA crude oil inventory report for the last several weeks show huge builds in inventories?

You are in denial.

#48     Oct 16, 2008
  9. dtan1e

dtan1e

my tks to all the people here who think this is a low, i concur through analysis of my own, though it feels really lonely when u can't find anyone else to agree /w u, so this is a great thread i thought

#49     Oct 16, 2008
  10. 1. The Baltic dry index is one index out of hundreds of various indicators, and the decline in price doesn't always equate to a decline in demand. For example, the cost of internet bandwith has fallen per megabyte, but the demand for bandwith keeps rising

2. Um not all loans are affected as it turns out. To say 'bank loans' is a generalization. Small business loans and personal loans have not been affected by this non crisis as long as the borrower has collateral. It has been this way even before the 'crisis'.

3. Nothing rises in a strait line. Crude should rise atleast with inflation. 140 crude was to frothy like CSCO stock in 1999. The decline in crude prices can't be attributed to a verifyable economic slowdown.

#50     Oct 16, 2008