A scenario for why the markets will go much higher from here...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by michaelscott, May 5, 2007.

1. you forgot goog.
    :)

a few day's ago, his chart pattern on the brain was the cup and handle.

Now its the head and shoulders (or reverse head and shoulders).

I can only hope he doesn't get his hands on the butterfly.

http://www.chart.nu/ta_g.htm

#11     May 5, 2007
  2. I know

I like goog as a company but the stock doesn't go up anymore. It may be a good long term investment. If they paid a dividend that would be very nice. Thats what most large cap stocks do to compensate for slowing returns. The insiders and early joiners seem to have no trouble making money but recent investors are getting short changed.

#12     May 5, 2007
  3. i've been bleeding for the past 2 months attempting to make a huge leveraged bet on a move for google. its starting to show some signs of strength finally (i liked friday's price action especially).

I'm hoping that the recent weakness amidst broad market strength was attributable to something going on behind the scenes that may be over (the TSO hedging program).

I'll be more than happy w/ an interim move to 490-495, but I don't think we're going to be at these prices for too long.

#13     May 5, 2007
  4. john12

john12

mr scott you quote adam hamilton who's been a perma bear for 10 years. i won't argue anymore but i'll leave all with 1 very important thing. wall street will tell you to buy right up until the end. i could care less about the aaii sentiment figure as other sentiment figures i've seen are flashing red signals. also i have seen hardly 1 person on tv or media print that says we can fall even 5%. also the powers will want a fast hard correction tog et long into election year. time will tell who's right

#14     May 5, 2007
  5. Babak

Babak

michaelscott,
    fantastic analysis. Although I don't agree with everything you say, it is certainly appreciated to see that elitetrader still does have a few bright minds.
    Cheers

btw, re the AAII number, I wrote about this a few days ago on my stock trading blog

#15     May 5, 2007