A scalping ECN Forex broker?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by pabmove, Dec 7, 2008.

1. pabmove

pabmove

I really tried not to reply but I found this too much fun.

I'm going to ask you a direct question Reaver and (can I dare expect??) and you can answer directly or not, up to you.

So whats the point of this thread, seriously? Actually for that matter this forum?

Now you're in the spotlight muppet master

#31     Jan 5, 2009
  2. Uhh I don't know, you tell me....it's your thread. :confused:

Seriously? Wow. That's scary.

Okay no more responses to you...you start a thread then ask me what the point of the thread is. Uhh okay. You are definitely beyond any assistance I could offer at this point.

Thanks for coming out.

#32     Jan 5, 2009
  3. Do not use MB for your FX scalping. They charge anywhere from ~$10-15 per standard lot round trip.

Controlling overhead is important in any form of trading, but especially as a scalper. Transactions costs become much more significant because you are playing for smaller moves.

If one cannot understand the implications of this, then they have no business trading at all. It is a simple business concept.

If one cannot understand such a simple concept, they are taking a huge risk and have no business entering the trading arena for any other reason than sheer gambling.

Ignore the trolls like pabmove, they tend to take care of themselves. They don't last long in this game.

Anyone legitimately following this thread should make sure they are aware of how transaction costs will affect your trading results and act accordingly.

#33     Jan 5, 2009
  4. pabmove

pabmove

Tell everyone which broker you use Reaver?

#34     Jan 5, 2009
  5. #35     Jan 17, 2009
  6. You may want to have a look at tradestation. I think they act as an ECN and their spreads seems ok, not fixed obviously. Comish is .2 pip. For their platform I have no clue but as long as I know it looks good. Minimum account 5k, free platform if you trade 10 round turn lots per month or 100 mini lots.

#36     Jan 17, 2009
  7. Tradestation uses GAIN to handle all FX trades and accounts. GAIN is not an ECN. Not only are accounts segregated because of this (you won't be able to trade other markets that Tradestation offers), but GAIN also pads the spread for Tradestation users. If you view a GAIN feed side-by-side with a Tradestation feed, the quotes will be inflated 0.2 - 0.5 pip at Tradestation.

#37     Jan 17, 2009
  8. Reaver, I am not a scalper, but, just for shits and grins I would also like to know which broker you use for scalping. Thank you.

#38     Jan 17, 2009
  9. Russian broker, less than a year in business, and "licensed by the Financial Services Commission of Mauritius"?

lol, no thanks!

#39     Jan 18, 2009