A scalping ECN Forex broker?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by pabmove, Dec 7, 2008.

1. fxgator

fxgator

All i know instaforex allow scalping. They have eurica account that requires no spread:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

#11     Dec 26, 2008
  2. pabmove

pabmove

Yes, IB is an ECN.

How can you tell an ECN is an ECN? Sure you can ask but is there any external way to prove claims?

#12     Dec 26, 2008
  3. pabmove

pabmove

instaforex is Russian?? mmm

#13     Dec 26, 2008
  4. What is your idea of "scalping"?

I agree with the other poster, MB is way too much to scalp with.

#14     Dec 26, 2008
  5. pabmove

pabmove

scalping - in and out of a trade in a short time?

MB is expensive but not much of a choice for someone with very shallow pockets. I have to grin and bear it.

#15     Dec 26, 2008
  6. You can get a pretty good idea if a broker is a mm or ecn/stp by reading the part of their disclosure on the customer applications that are in all capital letters. Most will say somehting along the lines of "ABC BROKER IS THE COUNTERPARTY TO YOUR TRADES AND MAY PROFIT WHEN YOU LOSE. FROM TIME TO TIME, ABC BROKER MAY OFFER DIFFERENT PRICES TO DIFFERENT CLIENTS" This should tell you right away that they are a market maker and there is a conflict of interest. they control the prices and benefit when you lose. Some other brokers, like MB trading will have a slightly different risk disclosure, something like "123 BROKER ACTS AS THE COUNTERPARTY TO YOUR TRADES, HOWEVER LIMITS ITS RISK BY INSTANANEOUSLY OFFSETTING THE TRADES AND POSITIONS IT ENTERS INTO WITH YOU WITH A BANK. AS A RESULT, 123 BROKER DOES NOT PROFIT WHEN YOU LOSE."

Other than MB, I believe Hotspot and GFS forex have similarly worded risk disclosures. i for one will only trade with a broker that is an NFA member and states in black and white, and capital letters to boot that they DO NOT profit when i lose.

Do your homework and read the customer acount application closely before opening a live account.

#16     Dec 30, 2008
  7. mktman

mktman

Who do you use?

#17     Dec 30, 2008
  8. pabmove

pabmove

Thank you, reading now :)

GFX Forex is an ECN with fixed spreads? That's not common

#18     Dec 30, 2008
  9. I use an ECN account with Fastbrokers for scalping. So far, so good.

#19     Jan 4, 2009
  10. Go fuck yourself. If you are that goddamn stupid that you can't see how big an impact commissions would have on scalping then go right ahead and blow up.

Commissions are a HUGE deal when you are scalping. They can make or break you if you are a scalper. THEREFORE, if a broker is charging absurd commissions then they are not a good broker for scalping.

Starting to make a little sense yet, moron?

Fucking retard. Stop soaking up my precious 02.

#20     Jan 4, 2009