• S&P 500 Index Headed for `Stiff Correction,' AMP Says: Technical Analysis

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 16, 2009.

1. If you don't like hearing the TRUTH, or if I might somehow be mistaken about your trading ability . . . Please feel free to post your trading blotter for Q2 and Q3.

I doubt you even have one to post.

#31     Oct 19, 2009
  2. And had Lehman not blown up we might never had fallen below 800. Who knows? You realize you locked yourself in a world of "should be trading at" and "would be trading at" rather than "is currently trading at".

If you have to earn your living trading the markets you could care less WHY a market is going up or down. Who cares? Being wrong and blaming it on Bernanke doesn't help paying the bills.

#32     Oct 19, 2009
  3. Because I'm drunk and you're hopeless, I'll give you a simple way to play this, that everyone who actually trades this thing knows: the morning session is more volatile than the afternoon session. Within that, the first two 30 minute bars are way more volatile, usually, (Fed days excepted) than the rest.
    So, simplistically (Caveat: if you do this mechanically, you'll be bankrupt so fast it'll make your head spin) you could sell volatility the previous afternoon, buy it the next morning. How? Via options.
    Lesson over. You'll have to research the rest for yourself.
    Oh yeah, try not to make 20 per cent a month doing this. Ain't possible. Kinda like tryin' to make pigs sing: you'll annoy the pigs, and go bankrupt.

#33     Oct 19, 2009
  4. This could be the end of the rally
    The RUT is making a double top lagging the SPX
    The financials already started a down leg
    The QQQQ just like the RUT but a little more bulish not a big diff.
    I heven't put my money where my mouth is, I'm just waiting for confirmation

#34     Oct 19, 2009
  5. ess1096

ess1096

I've been watching the same thing. Notice also the $DJT have not confirmed the latest leg up either.
    $NDX , $RUT and $DJT all refused to confirm on the weekly close last week, 10/16. Apple will push the $NDX higher tommorow but will it close out the week higher? I'll see on Friday.

#35     Oct 19, 2009
  6. Will eur.USD breach 1.5 tonight? current at 1.4989

#36     Oct 19, 2009
  7. Nice timing :cool:

#37     Oct 19, 2009
  8. pretty good comments

#38     Oct 19, 2009
  9. #39     Oct 20, 2009
  10. nothing is confirmed till we break 1076 and ultimately close 10/13 gap

#40     Oct 21, 2009