A review of Timmay's hedge fund book

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by timvodas, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Ha, that would've given away the ending. It's a story people, stop spoiling it!

#261     Sep 14, 2007
  2. spinoza

spinoza

Tim,
    Why not just give us a free link to download the book. We all know it is not worth any real money!

It could be your contribution to ET after all the SPAM we had to get from you!

#262     Sep 14, 2007
  3. You cannot say it's worthless until after you've read what's inside buddy. Even then, no book is completely worthless because every one of them teach you something, even if you disagree with the author on some or even many points. Anyway, Wiley was gonna price my book at $30.

#263     Sep 15, 2007
  4. Timmay, you discuss giving up the Hedge Fund game in that shitty book:

"As such, my Hedge Fund days are over..." (page220)

Makes sense, since most losing Funds like yours close down when they know they will never get back to the high-water mark, because you can not charge fees until you regain all of your investors losses.

So, you are giving up the Hedge Fund farce.....

#264     Sep 15, 2007
  5. Nope, wrong again, you're taking my words out of context. thanks for being consistent!

#265     Sep 15, 2007
  6. slacker

slacker

Maybe out of context of your life and your plans but well within the context of the book as it is written.

Author problem; not reader problem.

#266     Sep 15, 2007
  7. Have you read the book or are you just making assumptions like everyone else?

#267     Sep 15, 2007
  8. Slacker and gang,
    Did you notice:
    In that shitty timmay book: "The Numbers" Table (page 234) only lists returns up to 2006. It very conveniently does NOT list the continued very poor 2007 Cilantro/Sykes performance.

Even though book was completed last month, there is no 2007 performance listed.....

hmmmm....slight timmay oversight or more BullShit from BullShip Press....

#268     Sep 15, 2007
  9. Surdo

Surdo

He should have written it on a roll of toilet paper, at least it would be useful after a meal.

surdo

#269     Sep 15, 2007
  10. Wrong again---when I have final 2007 numbers I will update the book--that's the beauty of POD publishing

#270     Sep 15, 2007