A review of Timmay's hedge fund book

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by timvodas, Sep 4, 2007.

1. One example does not an argument make. I have the full permission of every single person on my list and you're damn right, I'm gonna use it.

#231     Sep 6, 2007

2. Say what you want, but it serves to shift the benefit of the doubt away from you....

I just wanted to pull a perfectly random, yet very relevant example of how the shill/review game works...and now you want to say I have to track down the other 149 people and see where they have also been discredited? My point was to show that people write reviews out of their ass as a professional courtesy...and I showed it.

Since the reviewer in question is also your biggest shill on the board, and also a reviewer you are touting.

I'm just sayin'....

#232     Sep 6, 2007
  3. Hahaha perfectly random quote?!?!?! Please you've had it in for Goodboy for a while now. It doesn't matter, over the next 3 months, ALL my reviewers will be posting reviews on their blogs/websites and we'll see if they're real or not.

#233     Sep 6, 2007
  4. Well, they're obviously "real" as in they exist and were written by the authors...

Are they true representations of their opinion?

No, I don't think so....

It is random in that you acted like no one writes rave reviews just to get their name on books and hook their buddies up.....

And I randomly remembered a time that the exact opposite happened, and coincidentally, it happened to be your best friend!

#234     Sep 6, 2007
  5. envelop

envelop

outside observation: Tim has blown you out of the picture with his quotes. leave it

#235     Sep 7, 2007

6. LOL should I keep going?

It was actually fun til slacker calmed me down...all the noise was bound to wake up Seben...so maybe it was for the best....

#236     Sep 7, 2007
  7. Quote from Sykes: "Once you read my book, you'll see stock picks don't matter, what matters is your ability to profit from patterns that repeat, time and time again."

REPLY FROM OTHERS:

Tim, Do you expect us to believe that you have found profitable patterns in financial data without any knowledge of quantitative analysis or equity analysis? Here we are (all of us at hedge fund other than Cilantro Fund Partners) spending zillions of dollars on financial data, quants, equity analysts, sell-side research and supercomputers, trying to find a pattern (any pattern) that can give us a slight edge on the market, while you have managed to discover such patterns all by yourself and without any education or resources. And, joy of joys, you will soon be giving away your secrets to the public in the form of a $20 book.

I think what really happened is that you've given up on trying to analyze individual companies, because that's just too much work and too boring (who wants to think about businesses when we can be making money instead?) But you still need to sell some kind of snake oil to your audience and your hedge fund investors. And that snake oil is ... chart reading. Couldn't you have been at least a little original, Tim? Of course not, you're too dumb for that sort of thing.

I would say that at least one person will lose his life's savings because of your book, and will probably kill himself. But let's face it, there are hundreds of thousands of phony books about investing, written by con men like yourself. I guess nothing can stop a sucker from parting with his money, but you are making it just that much easier for him.

#238     Sep 13, 2007
    #239     Sep 13, 2007
  9. Perhaps Tim and Jay can co-star on WSW? Jay can cook up some crank and Tim can go long Pseudoephedrine futures. Talk about supply and demand.

#240     Sep 13, 2007