A reminder to all you imbeciles that didn't want ANY govt intervention

Discussion in 'Economics' started by stock777, Jan 8, 2009.

1. If you're 20, here's some advice.
    Start drinking more, use hard drugs.
    Spend the next 7 years in a stupor, when you recover, you'll have a hangover, but the economy will have recovered also.

#31     Jan 9, 2009
  2. I see the Turkeys are still gobbling.

#32     Jan 9, 2009
  3. +1

I can imagine astute people in the past going on sabbaticals, chemically induced or otherwise, during economic episodes such as this.

If Hemingway were alive now, I'd bet he'd be doing even more fishing and drinking and skirt chasing than usual.

#33     Jan 9, 2009
  4. zdreg

zdreg

i will let u onto what is a little secret for you.
    Roosevelt and the federal central bank did not bail the US out of the depression. It was World War II.

politicians and bankers have one goal for the people. it is to make you completely dependent on them and to slave for them. in short they want to turn you into serfs.
    The US and Europe are well on their way..

you will get what u want. the price will be your freedom.

#34     Jan 9, 2009
  5. Moron as in Stock 777

Dems are now hijakcing the TARP money, to pour into their "NEW DEAL PLAN" along with OBAMAs Billions.

Idiots like you, Obama, Dems are going to bring on the Depression.

You will be one of the idiots in the breadline will be you, spouting off your knowledge to your Freeloader bruvan.

#35     Jan 9, 2009
  6. This is where i disagree with some of my fellow Libertarians who've posted on this thread.

You noble, patriotic, laissez faire souls still think there's something salvageable. There isn't. To worry about stuff like government debt collapse, currency crisis and passing debt on to our descendants is akin to living in the Taft era. Instead we're entering the Peron era. Deal with it. Hell embrace it. This isn't about removing excesses and building for an unfettered better to-morrow. No, this is about plugging the dike with your fingers.

We should spend trillions on bailouts. Whatever it takes. The next generation isn't going to be straddled with Treasury debt-instead they're going to be living in the sovereign Nations of Texas or Montana with their own new currency. Whatever you do though don't be lulled into buying California's Pesoization attempts to prop up its own new script.

#36     Jan 9, 2009
  7. Wow you are clueless and delusional.

North American currency unit, then a global currency unit. That's the plan. Plenty of talk & documents regarding that, the concept have been mentioned by political figures for decades.

When have you seen state script mentioned by anyone significant? What makes you think that the average American would even take the concept of a sovereign state currency unit seriously? Especially over a North American unit or global unit when pushed by "Hope" Obama as the solution over a crashing dollar?

Damn man, you need to stop smoking that crack.

#37     Jan 9, 2009
  8. I agree Pabst.

I am in one of those Soverign Areas, Texas.

The goverment is worthless at this point. What is coming is coming and nothing will stop it.

They will spend spend and spend more.

The next four years will see many people unemployed but goverment taking caring of them.

The People have spoken and Obama has been elected.

I'm enjoying my time, making as much money as I can now. Stacking my chips at a young age. Pass-port is ready if and when the time comes that Texas falls the way of California.

#38     Jan 9, 2009
  9. Texas will take the way of soverign nation itself. Trust me, Texas folk don't fuck around. Texas has a solid Energy Grid that is seperate than the rest of the Nation. It has coast line for import-exports. The state is strong in it's economy, unemployment at 4.5% and holding.

Land, land and more land. Guns and more Guns.

Mexico, a lot of cheap labor, a lot of cheap in ports for consumers.

Cost of living is low.

Energy prices one of the lowest in the nation.

Home prices, steady.

I am not a "Texan" but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else during these times.

#39     Jan 9, 2009
  10. zdreg

zdreg

"we should spend trillions on bailouts. whatever it takes"

the above sentence is proof that you don't understand free markets or is it your sense of humor.
    free markets let the excesses of economic and business cycles dissipate. it lays a firm foundation for the next upward cycle in economic activity.

however, I agree with your scenario of the possible breakup of the US.

#40     Jan 9, 2009