A Reminder for All Members

Discussion in 'Events' started by Baron, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ah Candle, I see your post count is approaching 3000. No wonder pre-menstrual tension has come early for you this month ...

#21     Jun 20, 2003
  2. Take a look at the "original" Daytrading Breakouts in the ES thread which has now been shut (go to forums). Look at how it started and look at how it ended. The moderators effectively killed it when they banned Johnny and then let the likes of Ditch run riot. Well done.

Again I repeat, the ban of Johnny has absolutely nothing to do with his language or behaviour (which only got bad when the arseholes showed up trying to kill the thread). It had to do with him becoming a THREAT to the status quo. New members were actively being encouraged to think for themselves. We can't have that! There was a clearly defined and profitable trading method being discussed by serious people - again, we can't have that! Guys like Candle, Ditch and 90% of the 'Elites' are precisely what Baron wants. Fools without a brain, exchanging worthless drivvel and insults with each other.

It was precisely these guys that Johnny kept off the thread with his acid tongue and wit. JR's abuse did a better job of keeping the thread 'working' than anything the moderators ever did. Once exposed as fools without a brain, the spoilers tended to leave of their accord. No censorhip was involved and everyone had a good laugh. Again, we can't have that!

People with just three brain cells can see the truth here. It doesn't matter whether you liked Johnny or not. Let's say you even agree with censoring a post or two. Try doing a search under f**k or s**t and see how many pages are returned - you get the point. So to outright ban someone who had clearly contributed value to people (as determined by his numerous posts helping others discuss a viable trading method)? ...is suspicious to say the least. And to top it off, you have a Moderator in the shape of tntneo who goes online and openly lies about the ban to the ET community: "JR had NOT been banned. He is still free to post", says the moderator. Of course maybe tntneo was just duped by Baron into believing that. Either way, what does that say about the integrity of how this site is run?

To make Baron's life even more sweaty, THE MAJORITY OF HIS MODERATORS DON'T EVEN AGREE WITH THE BAN! If he's able to really speak honestly, let's ask moderator Magna what he thinks of the ban? He knew Johnny better than any other moderator. Even one of two of the Elites who'd received some flak, had slowly come around to accepting his style of irreverent obnoxiousness. At least there was some humour in the language!

You people who blindly defend Baron's "policy" when they have been openly lied to and deceived by him, clearly don't see the irony of this situation. You've been lied to, and you don't care?! Of course it just proves that you are brain-dead sheep. You are the type of people who probably vote for a President according to what your Mother tells you do do. But anyone of any intellignece can see the irony all too well.

Baron had a real opportunity with Johnny and that thread to enhance the credibility of this web site, by allowing an "individual" to be just that: an individual. Instead he chose to destroy his own credibility. The buzz around the net about ET will not be that it is a constructive forum for the exchange of trading ideas. The buzz will be what I always said this site was: a place where Gurus, Groupies and Establishment can stroke themselves all day long, posting one useless drivvel thread after another.

Hey, but the advertisers keep coming back, so who cares?!! In the end, a couple of observers had it right ...a total "ban" was the only way out of town for Johnny.
    See you not, arseholes ...:)

#22     Jun 20, 2003
  3. Simtrader

I am sure you conform to other things in life like following the
    correct speed limit, not beating your wife or kids, not drinking
    and driving, ect. Why not conform to the rules of this website
    and be a contributing member here? You don't have to leave.
    In fact staying here would be the most courageous thing you
    could do instead of running away. So what if you can't swear
    or crap on people. Don't you want to talk about trading? Maybe
    someone will give something to you to help your own trading.
    Don't you want that for yourself? If not, why not then?

We once had a very good NYSE trader here named Hitman who
    was apparently booted off the site. He was very popular with
    his writings. You don't have to follow in his footsteps...

There is even a new Daytrading Breakouts in the ES thread...

But whatever you do, I hope you have good luck and trade well...

#23     Jun 20, 2003
  4. Maybe you didn't read my last post, about Moderators openly and blatantly lying to the ET community? And you're thoughts on such manipulation are what? That's OK with you presumably. I can see you are the kind of person who respects the speed-limit while turning a blind eye when the police beat the shit out of some innocent person. You clearly question things very little. But since you're an 'elite' member, this is only to be expected.

So you're inviting me to stay and become a house trained puppy dog while the real shitheads continue to run amok as per normal? No thanks. There ain't no way I'm changing a damn thing about how I communicate. I am who I am. If you can't handle me, then be a grown up and put me on Ignore. Anyway, my decision to leave isn't only about the rules and the way they are arbritarily applied. It's about the lies and deception perpetrated by the very people claiming to take the high moral ground. I'd rather take a quick vomit than swim in the sesspool with the people who run this site.

In the final analysis, the problem isn't with the likes of me & Hitman. The problem is with Baron and his desire to stupify this site, just to line his own pockets. If you honestly believe he's a good honest, straight up guy then you are very naive. He's a manipulator and nothing else. Originals like me, Hitman & others will always get booted in the end, because we have a kind of brutal honesty that is not permitted around here.

Ah fuck it, enough explaining. Either you get it or you don't. I'm finished wasting any more of my time on this ...

#24     Jun 20, 2003
  5. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Atta boy Baron,
    Tell it like it is!
    Your football, your rules!:D

#25     Jun 20, 2003
  6. klutz

klutz

#26     Jun 20, 2003
  7. Well in that case you must have filled a CD-ROM or three from qdz123456789 about IB :D

#27     Jun 20, 2003
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

JR,

You've made your point. You've made your point many times. But you're not advancing your case with these posts.

The quality of your posts on trading and on your strategy stands alone. And the conditions surrounding your departure were avoidable. Mistakes were made on both sides, but there was no fascist oppression.

There is no soylent green here. I'd rather you stay because yours is the first thread I've gotten anything from since SnoSur4 left. But don't cloak yourself in some sort of disguise and launch guerilla raids against what you've decided are targets. Rules are rules, and if these rules chafe too much, find somplace else that is less confining. If and when you do, I hope you'll let somebody know where you are so that we can continue discussing your strategy.

It's too late to exit like Greta Garbo. But not too late to avoid exiting like Norma Desmond.

#28     Jun 20, 2003

9. Baron,

That's all well and good, but you seem to have overlooked you royal chat room.

Regards,

Thunderdog

#29     Jun 20, 2003
  10. I thought I ruled ET??:confused: :confused:
    ..Are you saying I was nothing more then a puppet king???

crap....

#30     Jun 20, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.