A record 4.3 million workers quit their jobs in August

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ipatent, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Far too many people are gaming the system and fraudulently collecting unemployment and doing small things on the side by being paid in cash. That is the biggest reason for the lack of desire to go back to work.

#41     Oct 15, 2021
  2. piezoe

piezoe

Today 100% of the Walmart's have American made goods!, right along side those from China Vietnam, Bangladesh, India, and Mexico.

#42     Oct 15, 2021
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Except only 1.2% of the goods they sell are made in USA. Thus the import/export ratio issue.

#43     Oct 15, 2021
  4. piezoe

piezoe

According to Handle123, Walmart commercials said 98% of Sam's stores had American made goods; Not 98% of the goods in his stores were American made!!! Quite a difference!!!

#44     Oct 15, 2021
  5. piezoe

piezoe

You'll never make it on Madison Avenue. I bought a pellet gun last week. Said right on the box "American Made". Fine print said, of German and Italian components. In fact, the metal parts were all made in Germany, the stock was made in Italy. (That's 100% of it.) Deadly accurate. Kills squirrels better than expected for something "American Made". Apparently the Americans did a damn fine fine job screwing the stock to the barrel.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    #45     Oct 15, 2021
  6. Overnight

Overnight

You basically just agreed with my statement. You bad at math or something?

#46     Oct 15, 2021
  7. piezoe

piezoe

No. I'm a lousy reader. The "Except" in the context of my surly remark threw me off.

#47     Oct 15, 2021
    VPhantom likes this.
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Time to get some new "readers" then, from Walmart. P.S. They were prolly' made in China. Sux, doesn't it, but that is the way of things in today's cheep USA economy.

#48     Oct 15, 2021
  9. piezoe

piezoe

I'll look for some rose tinted ones.

#49     Oct 15, 2021
  10. tommo

tommo

whos meant to be the young, diverse, energetic party? The Democrats? For real?
    The young are more educated than probably any generation before them in certain fields, technology and software which is great. But they are also the most naive and ignorant to history generation we have ever had (and I’m a millennial). They have no understanding of the unintended consequences of government involvement in the economy. They think everything can be solved by having the right person in charge. It won’t. Because it never has.

Until responsibility starts falling on the individual again and allow individuals to negotiate freely will the West pull itself out of this situation.

I know dozens of small business owners that simply cannot afford to employ anyone anymore at market rate. The amount of red tape, employer contributions and taxes are insane and that drives down wages in real terms.

Go to a country where they are emerging from an overbearing state and people will grab every opportunity with both hands. But every country where the nanny state takes a bigger and bigger role in society you are seeing huge staff shortages. It’s happening all across Europe too.

#50     Oct 16, 2021