A recently deleted Thread

Discussion in 'Trading' started by aitradesystems, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Magna

Magna Administrator

Amen Z. :cool:

#21     Apr 13, 2002
  2. You guys don't get paid???

Just kidding :D

Chris

#22     Apr 13, 2002
  3. <i>We moderators don't receive any monetary compensation for moderating on these forums. We do it just for the sake of helping maintain these boards</i>

Why are you working for free when your boss is raking it in?

#23     Apr 13, 2002
  4. baron, i hope you are raking it in ...who'd want to put up with this crap for nothing? :)

#24     Apr 13, 2002
  5. How exactly do you know that Baron "rakes it in" from this site? Has he posted a financial statement? Or are you assuming such from the banner ads? Having worked on many websites, I can say that most revenues generated from banners, et al, usually just help recoup the monthly website related expenses, and if Baron is making anything after expenses, I doubt it's a windfall. Even Yahoo and Amazon can't turn a profit, and Amazon actually sells stuff!

#25     Apr 13, 2002
  6. This deleted thread has really shown some humor and a few points that I would like to address (yeah, I know..."what else is new, Don?)....

Since I have been represented as being one of the "censors" on this board (in a round about way), let me shed some light:

Only one time have I made a call to Baron to ask him to look at a post that I thought would cause trouble for the site, and was in very poor taste. After a day or so, it was removed. This had nothing to do whatsoever with any "sponsorship" of the site. Those of you who have followed the threads that I have been involved in might think I had something to do with some thread closings, but I did not....I don't believe in censoryship...I do believe that we should be somewhat civil...and I have "censored" myself a few times.

Any of you that know me, and Bright Trading should know that we are not fans of "spending big money" on advertising (or anything else for that matter)...and the amount that I have spent on this board wouldn't pay Baron's rent, much less count as "raking in the dough"....I do think Baron is in a tough spot, and I don't mind helping out.

Baron and I made a deal where I would help promote the board on my radio show, and during any workshops I am involed with. I do it because I think it's a good site, and even though I get a little "bashing" at times, I think traders derive a benefit from the board continuing on for a long time.

So, Thug, brother Candle, Hitman, and all watson, and even our new guys at aitrade....let's leave the conspiracy theories on the grassy knoll...and enjoy ourselves.

:)

#26     Apr 13, 2002
  7. Don, I just wanted to say out of all the posters on this board your posts are the most productive...your a good man:)

#27     Apr 14, 2002
  8. Rumor has it that he pulls in over $10,000/mo from Terranova alone. Add to this Bright, L&W, and Tradestation, and I am guessing he makes close to $20,000/mo.

That sounds like a "windfall" to me.

#28     Apr 14, 2002
  9. Gee, thanks....I am responding just to see some kind words after reading some negative stuff on another post....

Thanks again!!

#29     Apr 14, 2002
  10. nitro

nitro

Baron, I was wondering if you trade - now I see you may not need to. Good for you!

BTW, perhaps you should start using my signature? (see below)

nitro

#30     Apr 14, 2002