A reality check for the United States

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SouthAmerica, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Even notorious China brown-noser Jim Rogers didn't move there, he went to Singapore! He'd better be careful if he ever calls Singapore a short, "libel" actions against criticism of government figures there are extremely easy for the government to win, and awards are often 6 and 7 figures.

#51     Nov 14, 2010
  2. Dingo, I mean dalengo, the fact you are easily "refreshed" by others comments makes you an idiot.

And even IF SA did do one good thing on this board, it means nothing compared to the damage he does. He terrorize's more than just Americans because foreigners can also read his BS. So his threads poison more than just American minds. This is part of his agenda. World wide, anti-American literary terrorism.

#52     Nov 15, 2010
  3. That's really part of what this fixed game is all about... making you believe that you can.

#53     Nov 15, 2010
  4. .
    November 17, 2010

SouthAmerica: I posted a bunch of information on the comments section of the Charlie Rose Show - following his interview with Ian Bremmer from Eurasia Group.

There's a lot of material, but if you connect the dots you can see that the US dollar has reached the end of the line as a global foreign reserve currency.

After the currency has its meltdown the illusion of military power also will collapse. The US dollar is the Achilles heel of the United States, and people from around the world if they use common sense they will realize that there is no justification for the US dollar to continue as the main global reserve currency.

After you read the postings at the Charlie Rose site you will understand what I am saying:

http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/11293

#54     Nov 17, 2010
  5. .

November 22, 2010

SouthAmerica: After reading some of my postings on Brazzil magazine, and on Facebook, someone sent me this article yesterday from a major German newspaper confirming that the United States has reached the end of the line.

SPIEGEL ONLINE - 11/01/2010
    A Superpower in Decline: Is the American Dream Over?

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,726447,00.html

#55     Nov 22, 2010
  6. That's funny. After reading any of your postings at ET, it is a sure bet that your BRAIN is in serious mental decline.

And has been for many years. Alzheimer's perhaps?

#56     Nov 23, 2010
  7. Well a newspaper in Germany wrote an article...I guess it's official...*rolls eyes*

#57     Nov 23, 2010
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Don't tease him. The poor old fellow is a demented immigrant living on social security in a rented garage. He hasn't been to Brazil in 30 years.

Lucidity is the reason we take our multi-vitamin people! Don't end up like this guy pretending to be a journalist and wearing a diaper. Better to preserve ones dignity.

#58     Nov 23, 2010
  9. Of course this guy is a clown and Red runs in his blood, or should I say the concept of ALL SHOULD BE POOR and no wealthy sits well with him.

However, he has some good points.

Look at the Bank numbers (Trouble Banks) and Home Sales out today. Forget N.Korea news...thats just a little tiff. Nothing will come of it.
    However, the Economy is not getting better inthe USA.

FEDs are about to release a report indicating lower GDP growth over the next year and higher unemployment.

If we continue down this path, the Depression will set in for more than a few years, it could be longer. America's GDP is 70% consumer spending. Think about that. Many in this country are refusing to believe the reality of what is happening. The stock market is not an indicator of our economic health, in fact, It's not worth watching unless you are a trader. The rest of the world is not paying attention to the US Markets...other than the dollar.

So, as much as you want to ram this guy, he has some valid points.

I would not be surprise if many here on ET loose their jobs next year. Those who are not "Working For themselves". 2011 is when the thin ice will break .....we have been skating on thin ice since 2007.

FEDS are in panic mode and will continue to pump billions. Congress is in Gridlock, which in normal times would be good however, things are not close to "Normal". RE has another leg to drop if not 5 at least 10% and commerical RE is lagging but that shoe is about to come off.

Unless we get back to Manufacturing and Creating tangable things....70% of our GDP will fall to the way side.

#59     Nov 23, 2010
  10. November 23, 2010

SouthAmerica: Reply to EMRGLOBAL

What is happening between the 2 Koreas is not good, and it can get out of control very fast.

What's wrong with all this people?

The news is saying that South Korea fired the first shot.

They also said that during the G-20 meeting in South Korea both Koreas exchanges shots against each other.

Why anyone would want to start this mess right now?

#60     Nov 23, 2010