A reality check for the United States

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SouthAmerica, Nov 7, 2010.

1. .

November 13, 2010

SouthAmerica: Reality check on US job market

http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stor...r-extended-unemployment-benefits?r=3752831989

Four demonstrators were arrested in Manhattan today after rallying for an extension to unemployment benefits.

Some two million Americans, including about 200,000 New Yorkers, could lose their benefits after November 28, unless Washington lawmakers allow them to be collected after 99 weeks of unemployment.

#41     Nov 13, 2010
  2. It's simple, this is how United States ( due to policies ) is starting to be viewed by the world's populations..

#42     Nov 13, 2010
  3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Yep, Obama has trashed out image worldwide and it will take years to repair it.

#43     Nov 13, 2010
  4. November 13, 2010

SouthAmerica: Over the years I got used to handling mental cases such as FT.

These poor guys get obsessed with what I write - and drives them crazy.

What motivates these poor souls is some childish notion that they are going to discredit me.

Since I started on the ET forum I never contacted a single member of this forum through the PM system. The only time I used the PM system was when someone contacted me to ask some question - then I answered these people.

But it is fun to watch the childish tactics of people such as FT - as if you posted something with big letters that gives you more credibility to wherever silly thing he is saying.

He is a member of the Tea Party movement - he said that he is a conservative and that his goal was to disrupt any intelligent discussion on the ET forums - I wonder if he also believe in witchcraft like his peers?

At the end of the day the only thing we can do is laugh about these poor souls!!!!!!!!

Besides witchcraft these Tea Party groups like the one that FT belongs probably also believe in Haitian Voodoo - it's no secret that most conservative Republicans believe in Voodoo economics.

#44     Nov 13, 2010
  5. HA HA HA HA HA

Brazil tests literacy of clown elected to Congress
    AP

By STAN LEHMAN, Associated Press Stan Lehman, Associated Press – Thu Nov 11, 1:34 pm ET

SAO PAULO – Grumpy the clown won election in a laugher, getting more votes than any other candidate for Brazil's Congress. Now he has to prove that he can read and write.

The Sao Paulo Electoral Court held a closed-door exam for the clown turned congressman-elect on Thursday to determine if he meets a constitutional mandate that federal lawmakers be literate.

Francisco Silva became famous as Tiririca — "Grumpy" in Portuguese — and received about 1.3 million votes, nearly twice as many as the next-highest vote-getter in last month's congressional elections.

His campaign videos drew millions of viewers on the Internet, with slogans such as "It can't get any worse" and "What does a federal deputy do? Truly, I don't know. But vote for me and you'll find out."

But a less humorous element emerged during the campaign: Allegations that Silva, like 10 percent of Brazilians, is illiterate. Judge Aloisio Silveira ruled that there were discrepancies between the handwriting on Silva's application to run for Congress and that on the document in which he swears he can read and write and in autographs he gave to fans.

He ordered that Silva must demonstrate that he can read and write.

Silva has attributed the discrepancies to the fact that his wife helped him write his application because he has trouble holding a pen firmly between his thumb and index finger.

Following Thursday's test, the president of the electoral court, Judge Walter de Almeida Guilherme, told reporters that Silva "read and wrote" during the exam, but did not give more details.

A final ruling is not expected before Friday, according a court spokeswoman who declined to be quoted by name due to departmental rules.

Last month, Vladimir Porfirio, spokesman for Silva's political party, said the campaign is "ready to prove the rigorous legality of his candidacy."

If Silva is barred from office, the votes he received will be declared invalid and a complex formula will be used to redistribute the congressional seats at stake.

Brazil's 513-seat lower house is filled using a proportional representation system that allocates seats to parties according to the total number of votes their candidates win, so successful candidates can sometimes pull several allies into office.

#45     Nov 13, 2010
  6. .

Info from above article: “But a less humorous element emerged during the campaign: Allegations that Silva, like 10 percent of Brazilians, is illiterate.”

November 13, 2010

SouthAmerica: Reply to John Wensink

I don't think this information is correct – A better estimate would be that between 20 to 25 percent of the population is illiterate.

In Brazil they voted for Tiririca — "Grumpy" as a joke and as a matter of frustration with the politicians.

In the same way Americans voted for the Tea Party candidates in the last election in the United States.

Every country have its version of Tiririca.

By the way, Tiririca should not be barred from office - the people who voted for this clown deserve to have him to represent them in Congress.

#46     Nov 13, 2010
  7. You are not used to having anyone at ET having an opinion that is opposite of yours. It puts your panties in a bunch. You proved that by going back and copying and pasting numerous quotes of mine (most of which were made up which shows your panic) trying to defend yourself anyway possible.

Your posts discredit yourself all by themselves. Ask anyone here. I don't have to do it. I am just stating my opinion of your posts and your agenda to terrorize the ET American community.

I have never said I am a member of the Tea Party so there you go lying again. Why can't you be truthful? Why are you lying?

You are the one trying to disrupt my free speech here at ET. You are trying your best to censor me because of your agenda against the USA.

Since you brought up witchcraft and voodoo, I will have to suspect that you believe in both.

I have never seen any intelligent conversation of yours here at ET. All you do is start threads that bash the USA in any way you can. You are an Anti-American literary terrorist.

Prove me wrong and post a thread about the USA that is positve vs. negative.

I know you won't. Because that is not a part of your agenda.

In fact, it is well know you get paid money to bash the USA.

I bet you do this on numerous forums. You are using ET for your agenda.

#47     Nov 13, 2010
  8. dcvtss

dcvtss

November 13, 2010

dcvtss: Reality check - there is reply and quote functionality built into this forum software, why the f^&k are you unable to use it?

#48     Nov 13, 2010
  9. dalengo

dalengo

SA: I shall repeat that is indeed very refreshing to read reactions by American Idiots to your posts. Keep up good work.
    Fortune Teller: Please note that SA highly commended at least one US business, in Hollywood movies that is. This can hardly outweigh American nomenklatura, Goldman Sachers and such looting this country, but here we need to help ourselves.

#49     Nov 14, 2010
  10. mahadiga

mahadiga

Clinton successfully faced Outsourcing with Insourcing.
    Obama is trying to counter Outsourcing with Protectionism.

#50     Nov 14, 2010