A reality check for the United States

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SouthAmerica, Nov 7, 2010.

1. o_O. This thread has a rating of 2.

Ricardo, your thread is a failure. Sorry to tell you that. :p

#31     Nov 10, 2010
  2. vk60546

vk60546

How can I find out how much money the writer of the NYTimes article makes?

It seems that the richest congressmen have (D)'s next to their names more often than (R)'s.

Google, one of the wealthiest companies enjoys the coziest relationship with the current administration while using some of the more sophisticated ways of dodging their corporate taxes. Not sure I agree with the writer of the article that the (D)'s will make the playing field more even for the poor.

#32     Nov 10, 2010
  3. Tom B

Tom B

Brazil is a banana republic. They elect a guerrilla for president. A clown receives the most votes for a congressional seat.

Brazil tests literacy of clown elected to Congress

By STAN LEHMAN, Associated Press Stan Lehman, Associated Press – 2 hrs 2 mins ago

SAO PAULO – Grumpy the clown won election in a laugher, getting more votes than any other candidate for Brazil's Congress. Now he has to prove that he can read and write.

The Sao Paulo Electoral Court held a closed-door exam for the clown turned congressman-elect on Thursday to determine if he meets a constitutional mandate that federal lawmakers be literate.

Details of the test were not immediately available from the court's press office.

Francisco Silva became famous as Tiririca — "Grumpy" in Portuguese — and received about 1.3 million votes, nearly twice as many as the next-highest vote-getter in last month's congressional elections.

His campaign videos drew millions of viewers on the Internet, with slogans such as "It can't get any worse" and "What does a federal deputy do? Truly, I don't know. But vote for me and you'll find out."

But a less humorous element emerged during the campaign: Allegations that Silva, like 10 percent of Brazilians, is illiterate. Judge Aloisio Silveira ruled that there were discrepancies between the handwriting on Silva's application to run for Congress and that on the document in which he swears he can read and write and in autographs he gave to fans.

He ordered that Silva must demonstrate that he can read and write.

Silva has attributed the discrepancies to the fact that his wife helped him write his application because he has trouble holding a pen firmly between his thumb and index finger.

Last month, Vladimir Porfirio, spokesman for Silva's political party, said the campaign is "ready to prove the rigorous legality of his candidacy."

If Silva is barred from office, the votes he received will be declared invalid and a complex formula will be used to redistribute the congressional seats at stake.

Brazil's 513-seat lower house is filled using a proportional representation system that allocates seats to parties according to the total number of votes their candidates win, so successful candidates can sometimes pull several allies into office.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/lt_brazi...DeW5faGVhZGxpbmVfbGlzdARzbGsDYnJhemlsdGVzdHNs

#33     Nov 11, 2010
  4. It's true. This person has been sending me PM's everyday with vile, disgusting comments. I don't know what set him off but he really isn't well right now. I think he needs help of some kind.

#34     Nov 12, 2010
  5. November 12, 2010

SouthAmerica: Fortune Teller is a real mental case.

Here is the emails that this idiot started sending me and my response.

1) Original email from Fortune Teller

Are you okay SA?
    You must have a small mind bring up old posts of mine. Everyone, or at least 98% of ET'ers hate you because you are an American hating terrorst. And a chicken if you put me on ignore after all those posts you took of mine.

Been here for 40 years and you hate it.

Why not go back to where you want to be instead of ragging on the USA?

Let's see if you are man enough to answer me by PM.

Bet you won't.
    11-10-10 11:00 AM
    _

2) My response to this idiot:

Re: Are you okay SA?
    Whatever you say terrorist. Go back to your country! You old fart.

SouthAmerica wrote on 11-10-10 08:23 AM:
    After taking the time to read a number of your postings I came to the conclusion that you are just an idiot.

It is a waste of time to have a pissing contest with you.

FortuneTeller wrote on 11-10-10 11:00 AM:
    You must have a small mind bring up old posts of mine. Everyone, or at least 98% of ET'ers hate you because you are an American hating terrorst. And a chicken if you put me on ignore after all those posts you took of mine.

Been here for 40 years and you hate it.

Why not go back to where you want to be instead of ragging on the USA?

Let's see if you are man enough to answer me by PM.

Bet you won't.

11-11-10 10:34 AM
    _

3) The idiot sent me another email:

Re: Are you okay SA?
    I didn't read what you wrote below but I am sure it came out of your ass like all of your thinking. ha ha YOU SICKO!

SouthAmerica wrote on 11-11-10 06:55 AM:
    You are one of the biggest morons we have had on the ET forum.

You are not even smart enough to figure out that people who post stuff that you don't like - you have 2 alternatives

1) you don't read the posting of that person

2) you can place the name of that person on the ignore list and you never again see another posting from that person.

But you are too stupid to figure that out by yourself.

I feel sorry for you since when you born stupid, then you stay stupid your entire life.

11-12-10 08:57 AM
    _

#35     Nov 12, 2010
  6. .

Fortune Teller: It's true. This person has been sending me PM's everyday with vile, disgusting comments. I don't know what set him off but he really isn't well right now. I think he needs help of some kind.

November 12, 2010

SouthAmerica: This mental case started sending me Private emails as per above - This is plain harassment and this idiot stated in one of his postings that he was here on this forum to disrupt and harass the other members of ET.

Here is what this moron said on the ET forum:

Fortune Teller: 11-05-08 07:33 AM This board has been taken over by anti-Obama conseratives for the next 4 years. Live with it. It is your karma for bitching about Bush/McCain for the last 8 years. If you don't like it, go shoot your nuts off. They are pretty much worthless anyway right?

#36     Nov 12, 2010
    #37     Nov 13, 2010
  8. .

November 13, 2010

SouthAmerica: Message to all members of ET forum

Over the years many of you have sent me private messages asking questions about Brazil - about specific stocks, about specific questions related to Brazil and so on.

And I was always glad to help you guys when I could.

But now we have a real moron here on ET forum that his only purpose is try to disrupt and bring the discussions here on the Elite Trader forums to a 3rd grade level.

I blocked my Private Message acct on ET because of this idiot called "Fortune Teller" (he has the intellect of a 3rd grader - maybe I should not say that because I don't want to insult all the 3rd graders in the country.)

When I placed the name of this idiot on my ignore list - I get a message back from the ET system saying that this person "Fortune Teller" does not exist on the ET data base.

Any new postings from "Fortune Teller" I will ignore 100 percent - he is as good as being on my ignore list and I recommend the other members of ET forum do the same - unless you have time to waste with a brainless child.

Fortune Teller you are history - bye-bye!!!!!!!

#38     Nov 13, 2010
  9. OKAY HERE ARE SOME OF THE HARASSING PM’S SOUTHAMERICA HAS SENT ME THE LAST FEW DAYS - I CUT OUT SOME OF THE BAD STUFF:

"After taking the time to read a number of your postings I came to the conclusion that you are just an idiot.

You are one of the biggest morons we have had on the ET forum.

You are not even smart enough to figure out that people who post stuff that you don't like - you have 2 alternatives

1) you don't read the posting of that person

2) you can place the name of that person on the ignore list and you never again see another posting from that person.

But you are too stupid to figure that out by yourself.

I feel sorry for you since when you born stupid, then you stay stupid your entire life.

You did not read because you are semi-illiterate and your IQ is border line retarded."

Yes, SouthAmerica is a real class act and a very abusive person. The name calling is very childish.

If you want SA, I can go back through your posts and get some really good material about how much you really hate the USA and it's people. Why you would want to post this hate here on an American site even while you live here is beyond me. Talk about harrassment. Or is it literary terrorism against the USA? All you apparently want is for the USA to fall and Brazil to take it's place. And you think your postings will help your cause.

BTW, you can put me on ignore also if you don't like what I say.

Take some of your advice from above. :p

#39     Nov 13, 2010
  10. Well there you go again with the insults. You think you are helping people out here at ET while you are bashing and degrading the whole country of the USA. You are a traitor to our country. You have not tried to put me on ignore. The ignore function works perfectly here at ET. I am sure thousands HAVE put YOU on ignore because of your hatefull anti-American writings. I know many traders here who do not like your threads at all. Too bad you can't move back to Brazil where you can be happy.

#40     Nov 13, 2010