A real trader posting real trades to benefit newcomers.

Discussion in 'Journals' started by yc47ib, Sep 16, 2018.

1. yc47ib

yc47ib

agreed, only post two 100k accounts trading. I swing trades with these two anyway. Smaller accounts for daytrading, which I rarely have the luxury and time to do it recently anyway.

#11     Sep 17, 2018
  2. yc47ib

yc47ib

thanks. will do.

#12     Sep 17, 2018
  3. yc47ib

yc47ib

thanks.

#13     Sep 17, 2018
  4. yc47ib

yc47ib

good suggestion, I addressed this point in another reply, to emphasize, I will only post trades in the two 100k accounts; and will not post opposite trades. I withdraw money from them frequently, so, as a reader, you can always assume that you are looking at a 100k account. I do, for psychological and risk management purpose.

#14     Sep 17, 2018
  5. yc47ib

yc47ib

There are a lot of reasons why I put out those trades. First is the trend, now, the longer term and medium term trend is up, thus so many long trades. I have made some in short trades last two years, trust me, it is much harder and much more suffering. Long trades are the way to go for now, until I find it is hard.

The entry points are decided by technical analysis, of all, I learned much but now only use one, on different time frames though. Another thing is the market mood, for that, I do listen to Bloomberg and read WSJ. Since it is an art, not exact science, I would say I will refrain from writing about these because however I try to be exhaustive, I can really not; and no matter how much I warn, the readers can only heed the part their experience allows them to heed.

So, just use my post as a confirmation or contrarian to your view of the market, not much. And I am not going to post them in a manner that allows you to follow the trade as a paid subscriber type of way anyway. good luck to everyone.

#15     Sep 17, 2018
  6. So what is your edge here? Do you simply just know when to get in and get out or are you doing something with your multiple accounts to churn a profit?
    I don’t understand.

#16     Sep 17, 2018
  7. yc47ib

yc47ib

Considering the September contracts are expiring, I might decide to exit them earlier (lower than target price), or roll them forward, will update here. Just in case there are followers want to know my thinking.

Trading is not about winning, it is about controlling one's risk and exposure to risk all the time. Winning is the by-product, that just happens to produce money, and pay the bills. When a trader truly thinks this way, money will flow.

#17     Sep 17, 2018
    treeman likes this.
  8. yc47ib

yc47ib

upload_2018-9-17_11-27-10.png
    upload_2018-9-17_11-27-29.png

#18     Sep 17, 2018
  9. yc47ib

yc47ib

I use a modified version of Elliot waves theory and techniques; combined with market mood and contrarian thinking. But I have experienced enough to know that I cannot program those to be fully automatic using any existing program language. I have a strong programming background, worked on AI projects starting 1998, thus know many of the "skeletons in the closet" of the so-called AIs, even today's stage of its development.

Thus, I am disciplined enough to gauge the mood everyday by reading WSJ and listen to Bloomberg, and sit down before going to bed for 30-90 minutes to put in the entries/exits, and cancel obsolete pairs, etc. I found when I have time to do this, I will make relatively consistent profits, when I am lazy or too busy to do this, the market just ran out of my feel, and no cash flow comes in.

#19     Sep 17, 2018
    brucelevy likes this.
  10. Would it be possible for you to post a video of how you are managing your risk with all these open positions?

#20     Sep 17, 2018