A real solution that can buy us the time we need...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Mvic, Feb 8, 2009.

1. ===========================

Aconda;
    Your prediction maybe a rosey scenerio/overly optimistic, for some;but main street is not wall street.Detroit may have some riots that make the record book-not a prediction.

Maybe no way out for GM & Citigroup[current management/mis-management].But Citigroup bank is not commiuitybank/local bank;
    and Honda is not GM.

Real soliution??= Private sector

Ever owned a Honda, Aconda?????
    TM just cut exec pay,work hours;true its a weak sector, but not all companies are as mismanaged as C,GM.LOL:D

#51     Feb 13, 2009
  2. ===========================
    Re; Ameri-cans, not Ameri-cants
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

My-o;
    And speaking of fred flintstone,IB has an ad saying ''never use an ordinary investment vehicle'' IB exec is riding a horse.

Didnt vote for President Barack , but do pray for him;
    President Barack said President Abraham Lincoiln let them keep thier guns to shoot crows,and let them keep thier horses.
    Funny but true:cool:
    ==========================================
    And if you are not familiar with ag trends crows are corn eating pests

#52     Feb 13, 2009
  3. This is my wish list. A public offering to raise 1 trillion dollars and take all the toxic assets of the books of the banks. The largest deal of the century. Structured as a Reit.

If they elect me as the ceo I would take a large bonus and get a gold painting of me placed in my office. Then I would raise the limits on executive compensation on the employees. All employees would be on commission.

Pfizer and Merck and many of the top 10 drug companies in the world could fund the deal with their balance sheet.
    Somebody has to step up...

#53     Feb 13, 2009
  4. Crack is Whack! Repeat that a few times.

Seriously, put down the pipe.

#54     Feb 13, 2009
  5. I keep hearing that this stimulus bill will, "save or create 3.5 millions jobs". How exactly do you measure the saving of jobs? Answer...you can't, at least not with any real accuracy.
    I suspect we'll be seeing some very creative ways of measuring the success of this bill.

#55     Feb 14, 2009
  6. Mvic

Mvic

They just don't get it, it isn't about reducing mortgage payments, people with no job can't afford reduced mortgage payments. It is about incetivizing the private sector to put people to work even if it will be subsidized work for a couple of years, and productive work, not the digging and filling of holes. Bottom line is this: either peoople have a way of servicing their debt load or the government will have to bail the creditors out left and right, that means the tax payer with interest. Far better to put the money to work helping the private sector craete jobs with matching funds than pour it down the banks greedy gullet while have families destroyed and the economy collaspe, where then are those tax $ going to come from. One way feeds the deflationary cycle (feeding the banks black hole) the other arrests the downward spiral. It is inevitable that they will eventually reach this conclusion likely with another stimulus later this year that really will be about jobs rather than the faux jobs stimulus that Obama just signed. Ofcourse by then we will have lost a lot more of the economy and may more billions.

#56     Feb 18, 2009
  7. Mvic

Mvic

$75B to reduce mortgages by an average of $8k! Yeah, that will be as effective as adding $13 to everyone's pay check. They are not even trying to make us believe they are trying!

#57     Feb 18, 2009
  8. The banks rather have the writeoffs when they sell the assets to a new entity and buy that entity through the back door. If they buy shares at these levels. ie BAC 1 billion dollars at 5. It goes to 15 they make 15 billion dollars with a 10 billion dollar profit. They now take the write offs in the same year (2010) they get the write offs against gains indirectly. They show EPS growth and take one time charges they tell OBAMA the finger and back to biz as usual.

The homeowners get a 1099 as forgiven debt then they have to pay the taxes at a higher bracket. Now your homeless with a tax bill with income that you didn't make. Your 300k home is sold for 200k and you get a 100k 1099. It gets ugly...

These losses on the books are like gold for the banks. They are a Pass Go Card in Monopoly. And guess who is also making a 30 time profit. THE US Govt. Debt for the nation will be reduced by these wind fall profits and once that era is upon us they will raise the Capital Gains levels for individuals.

The two areas that create wealth have been taken over by GOVT. They will profit and if you watch their moves you will profit as well. They Buy houses and buy houses and then guess what they all go up while they make the people who get money pay their taxes. A triple Banger... MVIC you are so right

#58     Feb 18, 2009
  9. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you're way off base here. 13HP generators do not cost $399. A boat anchor with 13HP stickers on its sides might cost $399. If you are not convinced, load your generator to about 6500 watts and let it run for an hour or two.

A decent 13HP generator will cost at least $1000, and it is not rated for continuous use. In other words, its duty cycle is relatively low and designed for intermittent home use (not 9 hours of use at FULL capacity). An industrial 13HP generator, something that is rated for continuous use at full capacity, will cost a couple thousand dollars and up (my 7100 watt Hitachi cost $2500).

And let me reiterate my original point. You do NOT want to commute in a 15HP vehicle. Even an extremely light hybrid, an Insight for example, has a 65HP gasoline engine (the Civic hybrid has a 110HP engine). The electric motor is most beneficial in city driving where it is used early in the gasoline engine’s torque curve (low RPM). The electric motor is not designed to propel the vehicle without the gasoline engine.

And alternators are NOT “basically conduit compacitors which reserve power for controlled consumption then you have reserve power.” I have no idea where you were going with that one. Your generator IS an alternator with an engine attached to it. Adding alternators without adding HP to drive them is pointless.

I hope I didn’t come across too negative. You have the right attitude, and I agree with what you said, “If America wants new ideas let new people in to tackle the new problems.” But you are oversimplifying a complex subject with, at best, subpar information, something which is usually reserved for investment threads and political threads.

#59     Feb 18, 2009
  10. WHen you have no need for money you achieve clarity.

I have traded enough stock buys and shorts to become a Venture Capitalist. I won't be the guy creating the engine or the generator. The technicians never create anything. The dreamers hire them to create their vision. Henry Ford didn't make the car he just had it built.

Where is good old fashioned ingenuity...( did I spell it right?)ANy way. As I said I trade agressively buying low and selling High. If I can't create a hybrid then all we are saying is find some kid who will. The reason why the market is where it is ....is because of one simple concept. MORE SELLERS THAN BUYERS....

WHEN YOU CAN TAKE A GUY WHO SOLD PIZZAS AND TRAIN HIM TO TAKE HOME 6 FIGURES A MONTH AND OVER A MILLION A YEAR THATS WHEN YOU START TO BELIEVE THE IMPOSSIBLE...

We live in an era where we believe that if someone did something before they can do it again and again, which is pure b-s. Its time to give the ball to someone --- anyone with the balls to get it done. Even Jordan couldn't take the wizards to the championship. America is a team.

Israel is a prime example of possibility. . . 1/3 of our resources and 100% of our innovation.
    Stay the course be positive... I have already seen the Tesler and its a beauty. The technology is here...

#60     Feb 18, 2009