a rare marketsurfer stock pick

Discussion in 'Journals' started by marketsurfer, Sep 8, 2003.

1. thanks, inandlong. yes, you are correct. you know, it is possible that i interpreted the data wrong and went the wrong way on this---- but i still don't think so.....

:eek:

#31     Sep 19, 2003
  2. TD80

TD80

You know I am not one to do alot of post mortem on my trades (the veritable what if's..). I find that this is the death of pro's, pro's go down because they see the one's that got away and it starts to creat self-doubt and ignorance of probability. This is especially true for western thinkers (particularly americans), who always seem to enjoy the long shot and underdogs.

But I gotta vent on this, so please excuse me.... WHAT COMPLETE FREAKIN B.S. this is on BBI. I'm not angry that it ended up hitting my price target after knocking me out of the long trade with a measley gross 1% gain, I followed my plan and executed it to a T. I'm angry about the B.S. manipulation that this is almost guaranteed to be.

Here's my wild conspiracy theory (and no, I'm not french).

Stupid hedge fund is long 22.50 out of the money calls on this stock, and it's expiration time. Fund decides to play a little dirty, and does some blue-horseshoe horsesh** and puts the word on the street. Now the real sellers who scared me off get hammered and stock exceeds my target exit of 23$ today. I guess all's fair in love and capitalism, but it just ticked me off so thanks for tolerating my vent :).

Goodluck surf I hope these shenanigans don't take you out of the trade, take this baby downtown!

P.S. Viacom *has*been accumulating BBI stock (repurchase?) aggressively, so as always (and quite often) I could be wrong, and these rumors could have validity... but I just find it a wee bit curious that this news comes out on expiration day moving in direction of previous trend through a strike price.

Goodluck,

#32     Sep 21, 2003
  3. thanks, TD ! i like the way you think. my stop level is approaching, fingers crossed at this time. :)

#33     Sep 21, 2003
  4. I'd be relaxing my fingers given Friday's trade.

#34     Sep 21, 2003

5. ok, thanks !

LOL,

surfer:)

#35     Sep 21, 2003
  6. Babak

Babak

why?

#36     Sep 22, 2003

7. lol.

#37     Sep 22, 2003
  8. if i told you, i would not be the mighty marketsurfer. still short here awaiting BREAK DOWN.

LOL !

:p :D

#38     Sep 22, 2003
  9. Babak

Babak

"Skepticism, like chastity, should not be relinquished too readily."
    George Santayana

#39     Sep 22, 2003

10. true :)

#40     Sep 22, 2003