a rare marketsurfer stock pick

Discussion in 'Journals' started by marketsurfer, Sep 8, 2003.

1. yes, i agree. holding shorts here.

best,

surfer

#21     Sep 17, 2003
  2. TD80

TD80

Dumped this POS this morning for nominal gain, oh well take it down surf! I'm having fun with the ES today atleast.

Goodluck!

#22     Sep 18, 2003
  3. the attached chart may show you the short trem trading on BBI.

It is not a money maker in the sense that it compares with 3 beta stocks that allow you to short term trade.

You can do 3 to 5% trades and average 3 trades a wekk or 6 to 8% net.

Use MACD for all reversals.
    The Stoc is not good for signals on short entries. Use it to confirm long entries only

Volume is mostly noise on BBI so it is not very helpful.

I put X's in for the next two trades.

Refer to my 2 charts (before and during charts) on CHRS so you can see how to begin then follow along. Thread is "how to trade this"

#23     Sep 18, 2003

4. thanks grob. however this a long term short trade for me. i am expecting a violent dramatic drop in BBI--hence the wide 3 point stops to keep me in untill it happens or i am proven wrong.

best,

surfer:) :) :)

#24     Sep 18, 2003
  5. corvus

corvus

Newbie options question...why not buy some OTM puts then? Especially considering current volatility conditions and what happened last time there was a significant downspike?

BBI price chart
    BBI volatility chart

BBI on iVolatility.com

#25     Sep 18, 2003

6. thanks corvus. sure, that is most definately a viable strategy.

best,

surfer:)

#26     Sep 18, 2003
  7. Attachment shows that the first set of signal points were hit today as anticipated.

Sorry that it got a little Gee Whizzy. I guess the word really got on this time ...Hehe....

Looks like late Monday will be shorting time after this long runs.

On the CHRS, the last stop would have picked it off in the first 30 minutes after open on the 18th (actually the first trading bar snagged the stop order if it went in at open. The volume would have caused about a nickel slippage. that is about as close as you can come pickng off peaks using stops. It is better to market exit when the right trend line is broken.

#27     Sep 19, 2003
  8. BBI is approaching the stop level. still holding short, will weather unrealized drawdown on this one due to still strong short bias. yeah, it is making me uncomfortable, BUT the short factors still apply and i am staying short.

best,

surfer:eek:

#28     Sep 19, 2003
  9. I understand your stop to be 24.47 at 3 points from entry. Is that accurate? Thanks and good luck. I was going to take my son there this weekend and rent some gamecube games, but that's on hold until this trade is either green or gone.

:)

#29     Sep 19, 2003
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

dont be scared of a little news surf daddy....im still in with ya.....s@21.66 peace and good luck to my lovley ET family

#30     Sep 19, 2003